Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone post which chargers are V3 in Trinidad (or post a picture) next time y’all are there? Thank you!

Check out the pic posted by Sasmania above (Supercharger - Trinidad, CO)

3 V3 stalls are to the left of the wooden enclosures, closest to the Holiday Inn Express (background of the photo). 6 V2 stalls are on the right (one of which is in the foreground of the photo).

At least two of the V3’s appear to be paired. Was charging yesterday at 195Kw when a Y plugged in next to me and charging immediately dropped to 119. The new stalls are not labeled.
This would not surprise me, as I have yet to see a V3 that does not split the charge, despite Tesla touting that they do not. There probably are some that have dedicated 250kw, I just have never encountered any.

Anyone charge here recently? How is the road construction now (specifically south-bound)?
OK, I’ll answer my own question… :)
The road construction is not too bad; the bridge is open, with new roundabouts on each side, and the gas station entrance has been moved slightly. But, the freeway exit ramp from the north, and the entrance ramp to the north, are both closed, so you have to use the Main St intersection ramps a couple miles to the north (and use Co Rd 69.3 / Santa Fe Trail parallel to I-25). The south ramps are open.
There are still a lot of Tesla newbies out there; saw 2 owners pull in to the V2 spots even though there were 2 open V3 spots. Same thing happened in Gallup NM.

OK, I’ll answer my own question… :)
The road construction is not too bad; the bridge is open, with new roundabouts on each side, and the gas station entrance has been moved slightly. But, the freeway exit ramp from the north, and the entrance ramp to the north, are both closed, so you have to use the Main St intersection ramps a couple miles to the north (and use Co Rd 69.3 / Santa Fe Trail parallel to I-25). The south ramps are open.
There are still a lot of Tesla newbies out there; saw 2 owners pull in to the V2 spots even though there were 2 open V3 spots. Same thing happened in Gallup NM.
About to arrive at this charger actually. 😄

I'm far from a Tesla newbie and there are two situations where I will opt for V2s over V3s. If im driving one of my old S's I'll use a V2 cause they dont charge any faster on a V3 and save the V3s for those cars that can. If im in my 3 and I want to leave and go have a meal or a long walk I'll use a V2 to avoid potential idle fees.

I'm far from a Tesla newbie and there are two situations where I will opt for V2s over V3s. If im driving one of my old S's I'll use a V2 cause they dont charge any faster on a V3 and save the V3s for those cars that can. If im in my 3 and I want to leave and go have a meal or a long walk I'll use a V2 to avoid potential idle fees.
I’ve noticed the charging curve is a bit more generous on the bottom for legacy cars (including early raven) when charging on a V2.

I charged multiple time there over the weekend. Roundabouts working on both sides of I-25. I'd say it is better but lots of potholes and construction happening. Funny thing is that I always use the new V3 chargers on the left and almost everyone else charges at the older V2's. There would be six or seven cars on the eight V2 chargers and I would be the only one at the V3's.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1