Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those traveling in this direction before the SC is ready, remember that the Raton Pass has an elevation of 7834 feet. We drove from the Denver/Lone Tree SC to the Raton KAO last year, stopping in Colorado Springs to use the J1772 in the public parking for two hours while enjoying a great coffee shop nearby. That got us enough juice to get over the Raton Pass with 32 Rated Miles to spare. We then coasted the next 15 miles all the way down the other side of the hill to our Kabin and the 14-50 outlet at the KAO. After getting a full charge that night, we reached Santa Fe the next day.

Active with no photos?! The burning question is who will be first? Looks like Tesla is trying to bring up the rear (of July) with a few activations to keep the naysayers at bay. Albuquerque tomorrow? ;)

I think this is the first supercharger to go from nothing to fully built without a single photo of it posted on these boards...

You know, that thought crossed my mind (hadn't scanned the thread in a while so I wasn't sure if I was misremembering), but it's definitely the first time I've witnessed this phenomenon in my short time here (finally reached my 1-year anniversary).

Can anyone tell me how far this SpC is from the Great Sand Dunes? Cottonwood?

Really anxious to get out there again- this time in the Model S.

gsd08.jpg

I think this is the first supercharger to go from nothing to fully built without a single photo of it posted on these boards...

It happens. One surprising example was Culver City, in the heart of LA, IIRC. I think most of the Superchargers in China just appeared on Tesla's website before any TMC members noticed them (we need more Chinese members).

GSP

What's going on? Two full days in operation and no photos of the first owner charge in Trinidad? I thought this crew was hardier than that!

Of course, when I suggested to Marcia yesterday that we drive down to Trinidad and back, she said, "That sounds awful." :biggrin:

Yeah I told my wife today I'm itchin' to drive out to Trinidad to take the photos and she's like, you're crazy.

I might do it if there was some incentive, like a bunch of TMC reputation points hint hint :)

It just sounds risky. People SAY Trinidad's open and operational, but I haven't seen photos or video or first-hand accounts, and if I drive there and it's not working, I'm kind of screwed, won't have enough juice to turn around. I guess I'd wind up kamping at the KOA?

But then I'd love to do the Trinidad recon mission though. It'd be useful to swing by Las Vegas, NM too and see if they've even lifted a finger there since the last time I visited a few months back.

p.s. Also, why no email from Tesla announcing the opening of Trinidad? Did anyone get one?