Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - The Dalles, OR (LIVE Aug 2014, 5 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect the Nav really prefers 250kW stations, and honestly it might have still been faster with two stops on the 250s. I think it will also prioritize shorter stops rather than one long stop. Probably all baked in behind the scenes trying to just have people stopped for 15 to 25 minutes rather than like 35 min +
Having done this one a number of times, I’m pretty sure it’s not true in my case. The rate once you get down below 100 should be pretty much the same on 150 or 250 stations. It was fairly painful.

Oh well, next time it’ll be just don’t be lazy and probably make it to hood river.

FYI, the navigation estimate for available stalls is not correct. I was fooled into stopping here instead of Hood River. Never again. Was showing ALL five stalls available for an hour before my arrival, but four actually in use (fortunately I was able to pair with one dummy charging to 100%). My quick survey of why people were charging here instead of Hood River confirms that most (all in this case) don’t know how to optimize charging for reduced travel time. Definitely all long distance travelers, but still newbies or didn’t care about time.

FYI, the navigation estimate for available stalls is not correct. I was fooled into stopping here instead of Hood River. Never again. Was showing ALL five stalls available for an hour before my arrival, but four actually in use (fortunately I was able to pair with one dummy charging to 100%). My quick survey of why people were charging here instead of Hood River confirms that most (all in this case) don’t know how to optimize charging for reduced travel time. Definitely all long distance travelers, but still newbies or didn’t care about time.
It polls the sites when you plug in the route and shows this number but doesn’t always update. I found this to be true on my recent trip for most stations. If you click on it as you get closer it will poll again and refresh the count.