Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Klamath Falls, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a routine search of the Oregon building permits database, and found the long-awaited Klamath Falls Supercharger!

Project Description:
TESLA MOTORS
INSTALL (4) SUPERCHARGER CABINETS; (8) CHARGING STATIONS; (1) QED SWITCHGEAR, (1) UTILITY TRANSFORMER AND (2) PEDESTRIAN LIGHT POLES - TESLA MOTORS

It is at 1401 Washburn Way, Klamath Falls OR 97601. That is the parking lot for the Fred Meyer, although the address of Fred Meyer is 2655 Shasta Way. Here are links to the permits, which were submitted for processing 11/15/2016: 483-16-003505-ELEC-01 and 483-16-003505-STR.

Great news. This will make the trip to Reno/Tahoe area quite a bit faster for adventurous 85+ owners who live in western WA and NW OR. I would like to see one in Burns eventually as well just to open up that previously dead region to adventurous EV travelers!

Reactions: Rocky_H
This will also provide more flexible access to Crater Lake and the Lassen area.

Don't forget Lava Beds!

Also, it is about 170 miles from K-Falls to Susanville via California SR139, so one would think that a Supercharger will be going in at Susanville in the foreseeable future to allow the Pacific NW-Reno transit to be shorter than returning to Interstate 5.

That is so cool that K-Falls is on the map!

Don't forget Lava Beds!

Also, it is about 170 miles from K-Falls to Susanville via California SR139, so one would think that a Supercharger will be going in at Susanville in the foreseeable future to allow the Pacific NW-Reno transit to be shorter than returning to Interstate 5.

That is so cool that K-Falls is on the map!

In the meantime, there is a HPWC in Susanville that is very conveniently located in a hotel parking lot (I believe it was the Red Lion). There is a decent pizza place that basically shares the same parking lot so I used it as an insurance top off while I had some pizza while travelling from Reno to the Mt. Shasta Supercharger last summer. Had the Klamath Falls Supercharger been available for that trip, I would have traveled north to K-Falls and then eventually over to Eugene rather than having to get over immediately to the I-5 Supercharger corridor.

Awesome news! The Tesla gods have listened :) I can't tell you how many times I suggested this location to the peeps in Tigard. I think traveling from Bend, I can easily hit Klamath and then skip Shasta.

The last time I drove south from Mt. Shasta City to Corning, I used 24 kWh. I would presume the leg from K-Falls to Mt. Shasta City would use about the same for the 80 miles of ups and downs (that net to a loss of about 500 feet elevation.)

Another reason a potential EV buyer should consider a Tesla Model 3 over competitors, is because of stations like this. There are no (or plans for) fast/quick chargers in this part of Oregon. But having this station, your options for travel are expanded a lot. This station opens up a lot of possibilities.

So excited for this! The charger at Oregon Institute is nice, but with only one at 80amps, you get stuck there. This makes getting to Bend no problem! Now I just need some destination chargers in the Lassen National park area!

Reactions: ohmman