Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln City, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the official course of action would be to remove the charger and revert it to a plain general parking spot, as required by whatever planning ordinance approved building this mall in the first place, or get relief from the parking ordinance that required X number of spots to be installed in the first place. i don't think anyone wants that so we will stay with this status quo forever.

I think you misunderstood my point. The bottom sign needs to be there for any enforcement action to be legal. The top sign is there to set out under what conditions the property might seek such action. It's not about time limits per se being enforceable or not.
sorry, no, that makes no sense. 30 minute general parking means that non-EVs can park there. the bottom sign directly contradicts that, implying that not only is it illegal for non-EVs to park there, but that even EVs cannot park there *unless* they are plugged in (curiously enough doesn't say anything about whether you need to be drawing power).

I interpret the top sign as meaning that Teslas can park without charging for 30min, NOT that any car can park there. I do agree that it is not clear, however.

That would make the least sense. If any Tesla is going to park there, they should plug in. Otherwise you’re driving someone else insane because they KNOW you should know better than blocking a charger.

If an ICE parks there, we’re still mad, but there is the potential they don’t really understand how vital accessible charging is for EV owners.

I charged here yesterday. It's a pull-in charger so I took a little longer to park so I didn't hit anything. I'm always a little more careful pulling in for some reason! I think these pull-in chargers down the coast (Seaside is also at an outlet mall) are great and even if they're open to general parking for 30 minutes I don't think most people want to try parking in a tight looking spot rather than a different spot if there is space available. I was down at Crescent City this past summer on a market day and no one was parked in the SC spaces that were right next to the market going on.

Rivian will be building a handful of their proprietary charging stations right next to the Supercharger.

Lincoln City.jpg

We are taking a weeklong vacation along the coast and had to take a long detour around Lincoln city because the navigation program said it was as No t available.
Seven days later on our return trip the nav program said it was working but on approach I was warned off again. Not having a great alternative I drove to th SC and it was working but at about 50 kW

Any know what’s going on with this s SC?

We are taking a weeklong vacation along the coast and had to take a long detour around Lincoln city because the navigation program said it was as No t available.
Seven days later on our return trip the nav program said it was working but on approach I was warned off again. Not having a great alternative I drove to th SC and it was working but at about 50 kW

Any know what’s going on with this s SC?
Won’t help you now but looks like they have started SC construction in Tillamook so with any look will also get to Newport.

Charged here over the weekend. The station was limiting charge to about 70kW. In addition, while I was charging, station 1 completely died. To make matters worse, more and more cars showed up to charge, and there was a wait of around 3-4 vehicles for a good part of the day.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Rivian will be building a handful of their proprietary charging stations right next to the Supercharger.

View attachment 786378
All full at 2pm Thursday today, for just a short bit. Noticed the electrical boxes and conduits for six stalls at the far right corner of MarcoRP’s red box. No stations yet, but ready when Rivian is. Looks like the meter is on the white cabinet, similar to newer Tesla builds.
C202C55D-010B-4DEC-ADB6-04F46C9814D5.jpeg

3A3365BD-CD8E-4175-9E58-A436F6175719.jpeg

79795CFC-2EFD-4CCB-8012-BE079645F10D.jpeg