Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bandon, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot tell if you are serious or yanking my chain! (In the John Day thread, you certainly know about the notorious sheriff of Grant County.)

Remember back in January when a motley crew of thugs led by Ammon Bundy and his brother, Ryan, occupied Malheur? The trial for seven of them, including Ammon and Ryan starts September 7 at the federal district court house in PDX. Voir dire is expected to last 3 days.

Then the fun begins.

Your own Mike Arnold of Eugene was Ammon's initial defense lawyer, but backed out a few months ago.

Oh, that trial! ;) I was hoping you'd explain the "Bundynista" comment, I just didn't understand that part.

I actually know (and like) Mike. As crazy as it sounds, I met him at a Democratic Party fundraiser. He's a very good attorney and has a really strong due process drive. Still, I was a little surprised he took the case.

Anyway, that should be an interesting trial. I do expect they'll be convicted and I hope that there's a full and fair hearing of the evidence in the process.

I have to admit, I'm glad they're not here.

Yes, but Michael Emry (the "Picasso" of automatic weapons) is incarcerated in Eugene on weapons charges. His trial is set for the Eugene District federal court. When you have some idle time, the Oregonian has a few stories on him when he was arrested in John Day in May, I believe. He has a checkered past, but I think he might be going away for awhile after his latest escapade.

I have been following these Bundys and their ilk since the standoff in southeast Nevada when the Feds came in to seize the old man's cattle. The Nevada trial starts next year for about 19 people. Two have already pleaded guilty. The charges in Nevada are much more serious than the ones at Malheur.

Reactions: Lyon
So, um, about that SC... Any groundbreaking news perchance? Heading north soon for a 7 Devils and DeGarde fix. Love the AeroVironment ChaDeMos, but...

The Oregon building permits database (go here and search building permits with Tesla in the project name) still says "Ready to Issue". I assume when that changes (and it could be any day) groundbreaking will be imminent.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
image.jpeg
CHAdeMO use adapter

Yep. Here's a pic from my 60 at Bandon Dunes in July (we used the CHAdeMO adapter twice along the 101 in Oregon, plus did an overnight charge at a hotel in Arcata CA since the Eureka supercharger wasn't open yet)...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Two parallel trenches extend from the hole where the enclosure will be located. Another trench angles from the enclosure pit toward the edge of the parking lot and the roadway, which I assume is where the utility transformer will be located. The site is at the extreme north end of this strip mall, away from the most heavily used parking in front of Ray's Food Place and RiteAid.

Last edited:
We're going to have to make a trip to Bandon this weekend :)
Not a problem from Coos Bay! If others from further away want to check progress, the nearest CHAdeMos are at Coos Bay and Port Orford. Both have Plugshare ratings of 10.0. For those lacking an adapter, I can confirm that the Chargepoint 30 amp level 2 at the city hall/police department on 101 has been repaired and is working, as previously reported on Plugshare. It's no more than two blocks from Bandon's Old Town, which has many options for shopping, restaurants, pubs and bakeries. So you could get some miles during lunch or a stroll along the bayfront.

Oh man, I'm feeling the urge to road trip to Bandon, and maybe even to Crescent City to see the new superchargers, and I don't golf, nor can I use a supercharger! :)

But, I can plug into one! :D
View attachment 195310
Well, now you know people. You'll have to make another stop in Lincoln Beach for breakfast....or dinner...

Great update, Otter! We're going to head to Crescent City to see brother before long but it may be before this station is done.