Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Klamath Falls, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RMan, just to let you know--Giuseppe's suffered a total loss in a fire this past June. I do not believe that reconstruction has begun. Their restaurant in San Luis is open, but it just is not the same experience as the one on Price St. But Rosa's is equally good; in fact my wife and her sister are eating dinner there tonight while I am home. :(

Thanks a ton for the update elektro. We will be driving thru Klamath Falls this Friday, March 3 on our annual escape to Pismo Beach. It's a long haul for our 85D from Bend to Shasta so we plan to swing by the KF Supercharger with our fingers crossed and will use OIT as a back up plan. We will take pictures and update on Friday, if the weather cooperates.

If it were me, I'd check the app first and hit OIT if the app says it's not ready. Unless you don't mind backtracking 6 miles or so (3 ish each way).

RMan, just to let you know--Giuseppe's suffered a total loss in a fire this past June. I do not believe that reconstruction has begun. Their restaurant in San Luis is open, but it just is not the same experience as the one on Price St. But Rosa's is equally good; in fact my wife and her sister are eating dinner there tonight while I am home. :(
That's devastating news about Giuseppe's. Is their deli across the street still open?

If it were me, I'd check the app first and hit OIT if the app says it's not ready. Unless you don't mind backtracking 6 miles or so (3 ish each way).
elektro- I appreciate the advice but we should not be in a rush so if we have to charge a little longer at OIT we'll still probably take a run over to the Supercharger location in Klamath. We get so much great information from this site it's time to give back in some small way.

Reactions: KJD and DOCAL
Interesting read. It goes to show how much retail is doing to get superchargers at their locations. i had thought Tesla did the heavy lifting to figure out where to put superchargers, turns out (some at least) retailers are chomping at the bit for them, maybe seeing the Model 3 just in the horizon.

Stopped at OIT (easy to use, easy in and out) but didn't get by the Supercharger site as it was very windy from the south and threatening rain/snow. Next chance to check out the Klamath SC will be in a 10 days to 2 weeks. Off to Pismo to check out cpa's excellent suggestions!!!

Am I reading the article correctly? Fred Meyer saying superchargers will be installed at all of their locations? They could mean EV chargers in general? Looks like Fred Myers has stores in 21 states. If they mean superchargers at each store -- this could be huge.

“They’re being installed at Fred Meyer stores all over, it just happened to be our turn,” said Bill Patterson, Klamath Falls Fred Meyer store manager. “It’s something our corporate offices decided to do. It’s exciting, something new. This is an in-between that allows owners to get to a lot of places. Eventually all Fred Meyer stores will have them.”

Am I reading the article correctly?

Well, you're probably reading about ignorant people saying things that are then being misunderstood by other ignorant people. I think all that can be gleaned from this article is that some Fred Meyer stores are getting some kind of EV charging in the next couple of years.

It might be something better than that, but there's no way to tell. Here's hoping!

"TBD at TBD Pending 4999 Final Electrical
Inspector: unassigned"

Wow. Much detail. So inform.

Seriously, thanks for checking, but that's kind of funny how vague that listing is.
My best guess at translation: "Someone who can unlock the equipment enclosure and cabinets needs to make an appointment with an inspector." I'm sure the civil engineering crew and the electricians are long gone by now. Once the inspections are complete and the power is on, there will be a wait of some days up to a few weeks (sorry to say) for the supercharger tech from Tesla to be dispatched, get there, test it, and activate it. Typically, one of the last things the tech does on that day is apply the stall numbers. Within a day or so after activation, the site shows up on Nav.

I used the supercharger last night after skating into town from Crater Lake with 20RM to spare. We saw the Supercharger was in the Nav system yesterday and it showed 8 stalls available. At one point in our trip around 7PM, we noticed the Map reporting 6 of 8 stalls were occupied, so were a little afraid we'd arrive to find them still disabled but were pleasantly surprised when we pulled up to the chargers and started supercharging!

IMG_3349.JPG
IMG_3350.JPG
IMG_3346.PNG