Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln City, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I have too much faith in people reacting to the first thing they see, which will usually be those obstructive charging stations, rather than the little signs. The mall manager seems enthusiastic. And was originally talking about cones. And has security minions. (I think it's time we offer her/them a test drive.) But you're right. We'll see....

Maybe I have too much faith in people reacting to the first thing they see, which will usually be those obstructive charging stations, rather than the little signs. The mall manager seems enthusiastic. And was originally talking about cones. And has security minions. (I think it's time we offer her/them a test drive.) But you're right. We'll see....

I'll have confidence if the mall manager actually referred to them as security minions.

• Funny
Reactions: otter
Minions or no, hopeful about security. When we've stopped a few times I've seen the security guy watching from around the corner by the office. One of my husband's coworkers noticed the construction. His wife sniped it was not needed to have so many charging stations--nobody owns electric cars because they go too slow and you can't go very far. Based on seeing our MS at work, the guy informed her she was totally wrong! People will be surprised how active this station will be. Pacific Power was there today but the cones are still up.

If Pacific Power was there today, there's a chance that transformer is now humming. The state permit website indicates the job passed final electrical inspection on Friday. Learned today that the supercharger guys borrowed a MS from the Portland store when they certified Seaside, but the sales staff had to stay tight-lipped, as they were today. I am in P-town this week, but I am not dedicated enough to monitor the number of cars in that garage. Anticipation mounts! But there could be a delay that seems mysterious to us outside the sacred precincts. I've seen that (or rather, not seen it) before.

Reactions: DaveD and melindav
His wife sniped it was not needed to have so many charging stations--nobody owns electric cars because they go too slow and you can't go very far. Based on seeing our MS at work, the guy informed her she was totally wrong!

@Debani, please reach out to this guy's wife, and invite her to come to the next EV car show that's happening in your area. I'm sure that there will be EV owners there that will disabuse her of that opinion. Maybe she'll get a ride in an EV while there. Seeing/experiencing is believing!

@Debani, please reach out to this guy's wife, and invite her to come to the next EV car show that's happening in your area. I'm sure that there will be EV owners there that will disabuse her of that opinion. Maybe she'll get a ride in an EV while there. Seeing/experiencing is believing!
Since her husband is a coworker, my husband has already planned to offer her a test drive in the MS. It was great her husband corrected her and told her she was wrong about EVs. Sometimes you don't know if the message gets through--glad to hear when it does.

Shoot. I was hoping this site would be commissioned by this weekend- but no change as of 4 PM today. It looks ready to go, just waiting serenely. I see Folsom-Palladio got commissioned yesterday and is official today- maybe they'll fly up early this next week and bless this one. This is like waiting for someone two weeks past their due date to finally go into labor...

Reactions: melindav
Shoot. I was hoping this site would be commissioned by this weekend- but no change as of 4 PM today. It looks ready to go, just waiting serenely. I see Folsom-Palladio got commissioned yesterday and is official today- maybe they'll fly up early this next week and bless this one. This is like waiting for someone two weeks past their due date to finally go into labor...
I don't know how many SC folks Tesla employs for this. We could be in the queue behind Eureka.

Last week I went to Tesla's Electric Roadtrip day at Skamania Lodge and the regional marketing person that was there mentioned SC marks will show up on the Supercharger map as a grey marker about a week or two before they go live. At least the online version, Lincoln City isn't showing up there yet. Not sure her info was entirely correct, since the Northern California coast sites have been in grey for some time now and don't remember if Seaside or Bend was ever shown in grey or if they went right to red.

Last week I went to Tesla's Electric Roadtrip day at Skamania Lodge and the regional marketing person that was there mentioned SC marks will show up on the Supercharger map as a grey marker about a week or two before they go live. At least the online version, Lincoln City isn't showing up there yet. Not sure her info was entirely correct, since the Northern California coast sites have been in grey for some time now and don't remember if Seaside or Bend was ever shown in grey or if they went right to red.
I've seen it go both ways. It seems to be a continuum. Grey for months at one end, sudden "stealth" appearance of an open supercharger at the other end (think West Yellowstone), the idealized timely progression from grey to red in the middle.

The last major update to the gray pins was last November, and since then there has been only one minor update a month or two ago. While at one time most upcoming stations would go through a gray pin stage, now only a small minority of them do. Right now, there are maybe 5 gray pins on the map but there are at least 10 stations for which construction is complete but they are just waiting on a transformer or other final connection work before they go live.

I was in Lincoln City at about 7 pm today (Friday) and had a look at the new Supercharger there. I found the transformer was on and humming. But the orange cones were still there. More telling, all but two of the anti tamper screws for holding the east facing fiberglass half shell covers for the charging stands together were completely missing on each of the 8 chargers. This is the kind of thing that would normally only be true to make it easy to remove them for the Electrical inspector and indicates it has yet to have its final inspection to sign it off. I would doubt that the Tesla certifiers will visit to give their stamp of approval until after that happens. jmtcw, hope those things happens soon:)