Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beaver, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the details Denarius. Park City is 200 miles from Beaver vs. 175 for Lehi. That's another 25 miles and you had 24 Rated Miles left after a full Range Charge. I could get more by slowing down but that's too close for comfort for me. Also along Route 189 there are some elevation changes -- not sure how they compare with the route to Lehi.
Once you get closer to SLC there are a few J plugs around that you could use to top off. I keep a list over on the MNL site.
My Nissan Leaf Forum View topic - Utah Public Charge Stations

Just got the email that this is open, the day after you already charged! How often are you taking this route Denarius?

Just got the e-mail, also. Is this a picture from Beaver? Are they actually getting geographically correct photos these days? :wink:

Beaver.jpg

Just got the email that this is open, the day after you already charged! How often are you taking this route Denarius?

Will be be once a month for the next few months. Usually every other month.

Just got the e-mail, also. Is this a picture from Beaver? Are they actually getting geographically correct photos these days? :wink:

View attachment 47307

Yes that is a photo from Beaver.

Has anyone done the Beaver to Las Vegas trip without stopping in for a charge? I have an 85 but still thinking of topping off somewhere. My only concern is the holiday weekend and full rv parks.

Do some real planning with EV Trip Planner.

I took a look and it seems if you do a 100% charge in Beaver, drive 55 or 60 and don't have any big headwinds, you should be OK. How's your hypermiling experience? That can be worth many miles; at least put the car in normal regen, drive smoothly, and avoid using the brakes when you can. You can probably find a place to charge mid day. Mornings and evenings may be hard. Make a list of RV Parks and phone numbers, call ahead, and don't back yourself into a corner. YMMV

I know FlasherZ would probably disapprove, but I have a custom built 14-50 "Y" cable so that I can share a 14-50 with an RV. I have used that a couple of times at full RV Parks with cooperative RV owners. I dialed my charging current back appropriately after quizzing the RV owner on what they had on. I did not pop a breaker during these "shared" charges, pulling 30-35 Amps.

The other way from Las Vegas to Beaver is a REAL challenge. Don't try that without planning an in between charge somewhere.

I emailed St George 5 days ago. They responded with " we've received the plans, and the plan review is reviewing the plans.* The station probably won't start construction for awhile (maybe another month or so)."

I told them to please hurry up.

Last edited:
I have used EVTripplanner but it isn't all that accurate. It doesn't do well with roads that go up and down a lot.

Do some real planning with EV Trip Planner.

I took a look and it seems if you do a 100% charge in Beaver, drive 55 or 60 and don't have any big headwinds, you should be OK. How's your hypermiling experience? That can be worth many miles; at least put the car in normal regen, drive smoothly, and avoid using the brakes when you can. You can probably find a place to charge mid day. Mornings and evenings may be hard. Make a list of RV Parks and phone numbers, call ahead, and don't back yourself into a corner. YMMV

I know FlasherZ would probably disapprove, but I have a custom built 14-50 "Y" cable so that I can share a 14-50 with an RV. I have used that a couple of times at full RV Parks with cooperative RV owners. I dialed my charging current back appropriately after quizzing the RV owner on what they had on. I did not pop a breaker during these "shared" charges, pulling 30-35 Amps.

The other way from Las Vegas to Beaver is a REAL challenge. Don't try that without planning an in between charge somewhere.

I have used EVTripplanner but it isn't all that accurate. It doesn't do well with roads that go up and down a lot.

My experience has been just the opposite. As long as I have regen in normal, drive smoothly, and don't use the brakes much, my experience is that EV Trip Planner is quite accurate including trips with many ups and downs. All users should remember that YMMV...

After supercharging at Beaver, I stopped in Cedar City for the night and charged at a 14-50 at the campground adjacent to the Best Western Town and Country. Great spot and I had a full charge in my 60 by morning, which was perfect for my drive into Vegas from there. Didn't see a single Tesla at the superchargers in Moab, Green River, Richfield, or Beaver, but things were hopping at the supercharger in Vegas when I got there.

Gosh maybe its just me!

But I have also had huge weather issues on this journey too, which might be clouding my trust in EV Trip Planner. I can't remember the particular leg that was off.

Wet roads and headwinds can be a real drag, literally. The temp/wind matrix only includes wind +/- 5 mph. I've hit 25 moh headwinds and that "sucks" the battery down. When conditions are not nominal, you can lose big time. YMMV...

I did it! Beaver to Las Vegas in one shot.

I ended up in Vegas with 74 miles left too! I was very very conservative till St. George and then at speed from there. I'm going to write down the exact details at another date. Very doable in okay weather in an 85 if you watch it.

I had met a couple also on the road that were doing it the day before with their 19". I got their number and texted them to see if they made it. They did with a few more miles than me. So I was not the first.