Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Provo, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Provo - S 40 E, UT

Host Type: Hotel
Host: Sleep Inn
Along Primary Interstates: I-15
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-89, US-189
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-15

To: Draper, UT - 28.5 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Salt Lake City - S 300 W, UT - 42.6 miles

US-89

To: Draper, UT - 32.4 miles
Diversion: 5.5 miles
To: Salt Lake City - S State St, UT (v2) - 46 miles

US-189

To: Evanston, WY (v2) - 100.1 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Jackson, WY (v2) - 310.1 miles

Mini-splitter on I-15, but also a double sneaky-splitter.

It splits the 101 mile US-6/I-15 connection between Price, UT and Draper, UT.
It splits the 141.2 mile I-15/US-189/I-80 connection from Nephi, UT to Evanston, WY.

Reactions: BagheeraNY and KJD
New Supercharger in Provo UT

Nice addition to I-15.
Nephi and Draper are both overloaded. This should help take the load off these other 2.
This is absolutely tremendous news. I’ve lived in the area for 6 years and the map has said coming this year for the past couple years haha. So glad to see this is coming. Thank you for providing this helpful Ugandan insightful update! Any idea on when they’d break ground?

How long does it normally take for Provo city to approve or reject something like this ?
Only other DCFC charger in Provo is a Chargepoint install at Starbucks not too far from the proposed site. It looks like the permit for that was just over a month in review. So today would be exactly one month since application. So it should be issued any day now.

I did drive by the site yesterday just to check it out and see exactly where its going, and man has that got to be the worst spot in all of Provo to put chargers. That parking lot is super weird and I am just generally not a fan of chargers at hotels. Gas station just make way more sense. Hotels just seem uninviting to go in a use the bathroom, etc.

^ I've never had much difficulty with restrooms at hotels. They are usually located near the lobby with clear signage. Only exception was Gallup NM during the pandemic, when they had a sign on the door prohibiting restroom use. A downside of hotels for Supercharger Stations is that they usually don't have open WiFi.

My favorite location is at or near supermarkets, since I can shop for food on road trips. They also have restrooms and free WiFi and tend to be open late hours. Draper (Smith's), Farmington NM (Albertsons), Burley ID (Walmart), Bend OR (Fred Meyer) are examples. There are lots of Supercharger Stations at supermarket chains in the Midwest I was happy to find.

Looks like Provo will be starting construction soon!
IMG_6082.jpeg