Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold my 2014 S 85 with 238,000 miles. Charged to 229 miles but only 63 kWh usable.
I bought a Hyundai Ioniq 6 Limited.
GREAT car. 305 miles rated range with 74k Wh usable 77 kWh battery. I can actually get 270 miles. Interestingly that is with charging to only 4.15 MaxV. So, it charges FAST! 10% to 80% in 18 minutes (verified) 80% to 100% in another 15 minutes. This also comes with 2 years free charging with Electrify America.
Like the 2 screens, wondering what it's like to make a road trip using other charging networks? I've been spoiled with the SC network!

I'm trying to understand why hyundai loses range on a dual motor car while tesla gains efficiency on a dual motor car
Only the Model S gained efficiency when switching to the dual-motor, and they did so by halving (or so) the size(/power) of the rear motor; both the 3 and Y are less efficient in their AWD configurations (and we've never seen a RWD X – out of the factory, at least).

I'm trying to understand why hyundai loses range on a dual motor car while tesla gains efficiency on a dual motor car

teslas dont gain efficient on dual motor cars anymore. on the old S/X you gain efficieny from torque sleep and different gearing. The 3 doesnt have that luxury and actually becomes less efficient with 2 motors... (given that it uses one induction and one PM motor)

Reactions: Videomatic3
They don't. RWD cars are more efficient than dual motor cars.

Only back in the early days with the Model S. The early dual motor Model S has a large drive unit in the back and a smaller, newer and more efficient one in the front. When driving freeway it would only use the more efficient front DU and thus be more efficient than the old RWD Model S that only had the old DU.

Later Tesla switched to using two small DUs in dual motor vehicle and then eventually to the 3rd Gen drive unit that was developed for the Model 3. And that's all Tesla is using these days.

I sold my 2014 S 85 with 238,000 miles. Charged to 229 miles but only 63 kWh usable.
I bought a Hyundai Ioniq 6 Limited.
GREAT car. 305 miles rated range with 74k Wh usable 77 kWh battery. I can actually get 270 miles. Interestingly that is with charging to only 4.15 MaxV. So, it charges FAST! 10% to 80% in 18 minutes (verified) 80% to 100% in another 15 minutes. This also comes with 2 years free charging with Electrify America.
How did you get that detail battery information, like 74 kWh usable of 77kWh battery, and 4.15 battery maxV? Is there an SMT equivalent for your Hyundai?

New lawsuit

we all know tesla did this and still does to cover their asses in fire issues...its not right for sure and shady as f. I agree

We don't know that, in fact that has been debunked in this thread, and by the fact that Tesla restored capacity to capped vehicles.
Not mine, along with many others are now stuck with the 20 mile range loss and the abysmal supercharging speeds which are approximately double the amount of time they used to be.