Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes you want to sing "and the squeeze is on, it's on the street!" To the tune of the popular 80's song.

Now the question is when do I jump off the weekly train.

I bought Nov 7 $237.50 yesterday, since I was sure it would come back up, just not as quickly as it did. Sold half for double the price today, and now I'm riding the rest through the earnings.

Glad I held a few at the money weeklies with my proceeds -- wow what a squeeze.

We hit +$20 so time for the obligatory post. Cheers all!

attachment.php?attachmentid=56209&d=1407763330.jpg

This is definitely reminding me of the Detroit Auto Show run up. Started with what people felt was near the bottom, some news (not complete, but still good to hear) about 'sales/deliveries' being better than what was speculated resulting in a short squeeze. I have been buying and selling calls all day long. I am still not convinced that we will hold this momentum through Q3ER but I am enjoying the action today.

- - - Updated - - -

Best single day gains ever for me today. Could have been so much better. I had the cash, but not the conviction to make some serious bets.

^THIS :wink:

Ugh. I've been sitting mostly on the sidelines after having been burned one too many times with short term options. This news is undoubtedly good, but my delta was only minimally impacted. Better than losing money I guess.

Congrats to all who had the guts to get in yesterday.

Best single day gains ever for me today. Could have been so much better. I had the cash, but not the conviction to make some serious bets.

Congrats! This ranks as about #2 or #3 best for me and though I wish I'd gone in bigger, I am pleased with my thesis and faith that truth would win out against this kind of blatant misinformation. That Elon himself quashed the lies make it even sweeter.

Squeeze city.

Congrats! This ranks as about #2 or #3 best for me and though I wish I'd gone in bigger, I am pleased with my thesis and faith that truth would win out against this kind of blatant misinformation. That Elon himself quashed the lies make it even sweeter.

Squeeze city.

#2 or #3 for me as well. Feb 25 of this year I was sitting on a ridiculous amount of med term options I hadn't flipped from the ER.

I basically went all-in after the wierd Adam Jonas note on Sept 15. I still need some help for that move to be above water...

Closed out half of my Nov 260's now for some sweet gains. Seems on days like these we always loose momentum in the last hour of trading. Keeping half for tomorrow or later this week if we see a continued squeeze and a gap up tomorrow???

Congrats to all those that have done well. I think the hardest thing about days like this is actually holding on throughout the day. We often underestimate the news and sell early while day traders are able to notice the strength in the price action and buy later and still make a nice profit. I've taken profits throughout the day, but also trying to be a bit greedy. If you think about it the stock has been real weak, lots of FUD, and Elon just told everyone they had a record month. No reason why we shouldn't continue to go up over the next couple of days (maybe a neutral or slightly red day while people take profits or overall negative day in the markets).

I also think a lesson is that you don't have to always be in early. I didn't get to buy in yesterday since I wasn't by a computer so had to buy in this morning when we opened around 230. I hesitated a couple of times but fortunate enough to pull the trigger. Lesson is you don't have to always catch the falling knife, you can buy in after the up trend has started an still make decent returns.

Now the real question is, anyone holding through tomorrow? :)

I sold 2/3 of my weeklies at $242. Keeping the rest in case there is more room to run with a delayed squeeze tomorrow (margin calls). I expect a spike up in the morning tomorrow and then who knows. This was the second biggest gainer for me in weeklies since the Detroit Auto Show (and that was 10x this in profit!).

I hadn't bought any weekly calls for many months now and I think I prefer it that way - only use them when there is an obvious downward overreaction with a high chance to quickly reverse (or weekly puts if it goes up for no good reason). I used to nibble on them all the time but I became numb to their risk and potential.