Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you could figure out how to move fitness (or fat) from one person to another, you would have yourself a trillion dollar business.
Especially if you could do it across continents (to malnourished regions).

- - - Updated - - -

I generally don't keep up with the ST threads, so yah we may be near a bottom.

That said, on the way down I went a little deeper than usual into Jan '16 calls. Hopefully TSLA will have at least a few spikes in the next 15 months.

Well, after Elon's tweet my confidence about this being the bottom just went WAAAAY up :D Might want to load up on your shares and calls tomorrow if you are given the chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and his tweet happened after the after hours market had closed so we will have to wait for the early hours to even see if this tweet had any immediate affect on the stock. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Well goddamit. I felt like something might happen, just had a feeling, since things were quiet and the quarter was ending and so many reports of Tesla employees working extra hard to meet delivery etc, and was planning to buy something today - some kind of options (either 400 '16 leaps or something with a post-earnings expiration probly around ~300 strike), since I figured the stock was getting close to the bottom. Planned to look into it sometime today near close. Of course I woke up and the power was out in the house all day long until just now, so didn't buy anything since I didn't have internet. Now Elon says this thing about D which means I'm sure we'll be gapping up tomorrow morning. Grr.

was planning to buy something today - some kind of options (either 400 '16 leaps or something with a post-earnings expiration probly around ~300 strike), since I figured the stock was getting close to the bottom. Planned to look into it sometime today near close. Of course I woke up and the power was out in the house all day long until just now, so didn't buy anything since I didn't have internet. Now Elon says this thing about D which means I'm sure we'll be gapping up tomorrow morning. Grr.
Well if it gaps up enough such that my oldest 400 strike leaps are profitable, I'll buy you lunch at the next TMC Connect. Does that help? :)

Since I've been on the sidelines since first week of Sept, I've been suffering from what my wife refers to as FOMO - "fear of missing out".

Last night my FOMO kicked into overdrive, or is it AWD?!

If it is stock, 246 (current premarket) is still a great price if this was the new bottom. Buy in today and you should be relatively OK. For options just give yourself enough time for it to top out. There is still plenty of upside from here

So, both of my strikes are going to be super green today, with a November expiration, I am halfway tempted to ride this until Oct 9th and bail before the news is released, in anticipation of a "buy on the rumor sell on the news". I know some of you are setting up for an Oct 10 bail, what do you all think? Best case, the most amazing of amazing announcements happens on Oct 9th and the stock jumps again, but in light of recent "sell on the news" circumstances... I am tempted to be prepared for a bail on the 8th/9th... I think it might also depend on how much we jump between now and middle of next week.