Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last $20 move down has been mostly on very light volume. Right now we are only at 3 million shares traded. I think the institutional holders are holding out for dirt cheap prices, and will move in big once we get closer to the 200-day SMA. Also, for those keeping track, the current price is $38 discount from the average analyst estimate, the largest discount ever!

LOL, really, so like all they have in there now is the skateboard?

Maybe they sold that too.

I drove 940 miles yesterday and from Edison NJ to Albany NY and back I saw 12 other Tesla MS's, 7 of those were random and not at superchargers. I'm sure I missed some too. I think that is more than I have seen total excluding stores. Also saw my first Sig Red ever in person. Amazing!

There are more Tesla's out there now than ever!

The report of 2500 sold in Sept is really awesome if it is true. If they sustain that number going forward, that's 30k per year in the USA alone. I don't expect them to sustain it but I do expect Decembers number to be larger.

This market funk is really helping to create a long term buying opportunity IMO.

Maybe they sold that too.

I drove 940 miles yesterday and from Edison NJ to Albany NY and back I saw 12 other Tesla MS's, 7 of those were random and not at superchargers. I'm sure I missed some too. I think that is more than I have seen total excluding stores. Also saw my first Sig Red ever in person. Amazing!

The report of 2500 sold in Sept is really awesome if it is true. If they sustain that number going forward, that's 30k per year in the USA alone. I don't expect them to sustain it but I do expect Decembers number to be larger.

This market funk is really helping to create a long term buying opportunity IMO.
the 2500 in sept is huge. they always underestimate because it's based on registrations. Took me a month to register mine. Certainly cars delivered last week will not be included. In past these estimates always off

I went for a run around my neighborhood on Saturday and saw 4 Tesla's out and about. Getting really densely populated here in Raleigh.

For those looking for a 235 resistance I think we are seeing that right now. It touched into 235s a number of times now with the low being 235.65

You could well be right. But please forgive my correction of terminology. It appears that you actually look upon 235 as a support level at which many investors become willing to buy. A resistance level is one that a share's price has a hard time getting above due to a supply of shares readily offered at that price. Support comes at near-term bottoms. Resistance comes at near-term tops. Meanwhile, your observation appears to have become even more valid while I was composing this response. :smile:

Last edited:
You could well be right. But please forgive my correction of terminology. It appears that you actually look upon 235 as a support level at which many investors become willing to buy. A resistance level is one that a share's price has a hard time getting above due to a supply of shares readily offered at that price. Support comes at near-term bottoms. Resistance comes at near=term tops. Meanwhile, your observation appears to have become even more valid while I was composing this response. :smile:

Sorry, yes, you are of course right, for some reason I keep wanting to think resistance in both directions, and I wasn't using the term correctly.

GM will be offering "Super Cruise" in two years for limited hands free driving, which should improve safety. Drivers could use a free hand to make sure their key stays in the ignition. Good luck GM.

A big laugh from me. I have one of those cars for which the ignition switch had to be replaced. Its production cost is less than a dollar, but the service writer told me his dealership would be billing General Motors for over $200.