Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted an interesting (I think) speculation in the 2015 Q1 Discussion thread. The data seem to imply that Tesla was planning significant stationary storage profits in 2015. Time to reveal some cards??

Fantastic analysis, and what a great memory your son has! Thanks for the insight! I fully believe Elon & Co have very well developed plans. This kind of strategic revenue injection has likely been thought out years ago as part of the overall developing picture with Solar City and the push for sustainable energy production. He just likely knew from the beginning the storage portion of the equation was going to come from Tesla.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before....

When news came out the Elon and Apple had met everyone thought either Apple was going to buy Tesla or providing batteries for Apple products with the new factory. I think a third more likely option, Apple needs batteries for energy storage for their data centers and new campus. Good chance that Walmart will expand their battery storage at more stores. Either one would be a big positive, hopefully they will announce it tomorrow.

What I am hoping for out of the 30th announcement: That TM has certified/contracted for/partnered up with another battery company (in addition to Panasonic) to produce batteries for stationary storage AND, like has been mentioned by others, that they have contracts in place with other major companies/utilities for battery storage.

I have always told friends/family members that TM is really not a car company. It is an energy company that makes great cars.

Market today: Doubt the FED meeting/announcement will have any negative affect on the markets.....

that's interesting v12. I'd only noticed that there are 5 other companies he covers but has only put out one note on each (at least by that's what the chart in the link seems to suggest to me) while having come out with Tesla commentary 16 times. Makes it seem like his assignment is just about entirely comprised of commenting on Tesla.

Is this Merrill Lynch's John Lovallo? If so, It looks like he is a hired PR gun and not a real analyst. John Lovallo - Sr VP, Reputation Finance | LEVICK
I can't find any other John Lovallos in that industry. It seems odd that an analyst would use a nom de plume.

Last edited:
Posted an interesting (I think) speculation in the 2015 Q1 Discussion thread. The data seem to imply that Tesla was planning significant stationary storage profits in 2015. Time to reveal some cards??

FANTASTIC analysis as always, vgrin. Thank you so much for sharing.

I'm loading the boat here in various ways, probably overly aggressive but feeling good about my thesis for currently underpriced reaction to these two events. Market does not like TWTR and other momos today, but I think all eyes will turn forcefully to TSLA tomorrow and it may be too late to buy in tomorrow's session. Also, 2pm today is the real market-mover when Fed notes come out. Risky week. But fun.

FANTASTIC analysis as always, vgrin. Thank you so much for sharing.

I'm loading the boat here in various ways, probably overly aggressive but feeling good about my thesis for currently underpriced reaction to these two events. Market does not like TWTR and other momos today, but I think all eyes will turn forcefully to TSLA tomorrow and it may be too late to buy in tomorrow's session. Also, 2pm today is the real market-mover when Fed notes come out. Risky week. But fun.

I'm loading the boat too. Do we have Mr. Lovallo to thank for this opportunity? I dug a bit deeper into the LEVICK website and it looks like one of their PR clients is the fracking industry.
Coincidence? Will the real Mr. Lovallo please stand up?

Fracking in New York: It Ain’t Over Till It’s Over – And It Ain’t Over | LEVICK

What I am hoping for out of the 30th announcement: That TM has certified/contracted for/partnered up with another battery company (in addition to Panasonic) to produce batteries for stationary storage AND, like has been mentioned by others, that they have contracts in place with other major companies/utilities for battery storage.

I have always told friends/family members that TM is really not a car company. It is an energy company that makes great cars.

Market today: Doubt the FED meeting/announcement will have any negative affect on the markets.....

That will be interesting. A month or two back, one of Tesla's SEC filings indicated that they planned to qualify another cell producer this year. Was posted here on TMC, but outside of TMC got no attention.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm loading the boat too. Do we have Mr. Lovallo to thank for this opportunity? I dug a bit deeper into the LEVICK website and it looks like one of their PR clients is the fracking industry.
Coincidence? Will the real Mr. Lovallo please stand up?

Fracking in New York: It Ain’t Over Till It’s Over – And It Ain’t Over | LEVICK

I went to linked in and there's two separate entries for a JL at Merrill and one at Levick. Perhaps father and son... the one at Merrill is John Lovallo II. The one at Levick had spent years in the finance sector managing money and looked old enough to have a son in his 30s. I didn't sign in to LinkedIn, maybe there's some other interesting information.

AAPL dragging on the NASDAQ hard right now. TSLA showing strength. Oil up as well. 2pm FOMC announcement may move markets, especially if Fed is more dovish (hints at raising rates at or later than Jan 16 as market now predicts). So far, I'm glad I accumulated some positions this morning. These choppy seas will calm down tomorrow I think, and market will turn eyes and dollars back to TSLA for the evening's festivities.

AAPL dragging on the NASDAQ hard right now. TSLA showing strength. Oil up as well. 2pm FOMC announcement may move markets, especially if Fed is more dovish (hints at raising rates at or later than Jan 16 as market now predicts). So far, I'm glad I accumulated some positions this morning. These choppy seas will calm down tomorrow I think, and market will turn eyes and dollars back to TSLA for the evening's festivities.

We seem to find ourselves in a very odd situation where the stock markets move inversely to the trajectory of the economy as a whole. Any negative macro news suggests a later rate rise, which in turn buoys markets. Isn't a correction ultimately inevitable?

We seem to find ourselves in a very odd situation where the stock markets move inversely to the trajectory of the economy as a whole. Any negative macro news suggests a later rate rise, which in turn buoys markets. Isn't a correction ultimately inevitable?

Perhaps, but I personally don't smell one imminently. I tend to believe that global QE is amazingly good for equities and people with investment assets in near term, but bad for economies, wages and well, most people in long term. Thread to discuss that one is in my signature below, if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.