Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S Plaid couldn’t pull on 16X P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my way to Payson az and a Plaid S in front of me on a 2 lane highway went to the left lane to pass a long line of trucks and gunned it and I followed suit. We were both going about 60 prior to lane change and hard acceleration , we both ended up at about 130 mph when letting off and merging back to the right lane. He couldn’t pull away and afaictl was at full throttle and so was I we kept the same pace. I’m a bit disappointed I the S plaid performance but very pleased with my older XP100D

On my way to Payson az and a Plaid S in front of me on a 2 lane highway went to the left lane to pass a long line of trucks and gunned it and I followed suit. We were both going about 60 prior to lane change and hard acceleration , we both ended up at about 130 mph when letting off and merging back to the right lane. He couldn’t pull away and afaictl was at full throttle and so was I we kept the same pace. I’m a bit disappointed I the S plaid performance but very pleased with my older XP100D
Numbers don’t lie. The 1/4 mile trap speeds on both cars tell the story of what would happen if he was in plaid mode, full throttle and you guys went from a roll race at freeway speeds.

But like LT4 said, glad you are feeling good about your X.

Also his state of charge makes a big difference. Or took pity on you.
State of charge doesn't make a big difference on the Plaid.

At 20% it still pulls 1/4 mile in the high 9s, 0-60 2.33 seconds - after 40 quarter mile runs

It's not like the prior Raven S where 0-60 times would almost triple after a few runs.