Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rivian R3 Compact

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah...the looks are pretty cool too. It can also do off-road. Maybe will consider it when I turn in my Model 3 Ludicrous :D

Too bad the legacy manufacturers won't join in the horsepower fun. Broncos are slooooooooow :D
I have younger adult children and watch their interest, my son in his 20s loves Rivian and loves M3/MS
the industry should take notice
for example the EX30 did not resonate with any of my children, they are the current buyers of vehicles
VW, Volvo Cars, GM, Ford, Stellantis are all missing what this age group wants

I have younger adult children and watch their interest, my son in his 20s loves Rivian and loves M3/MS
the industry should take notice
for example the EX30 did not resonate with any of my children, they are the current buyers of vehicles
VW, Volvo Cars, GM, Ford, Stellantis are all missing what this age group wants
Agreed. My son loves most Teslas, with the MS and the CT being his favorites (he does not like our MY,lol), but really liked the R3 and said "It's so retro, I love it".

The R2 will be ~$45k many are saying the R3 would be $35k.
I've got to assume that the R3 will be less than the R2 ... once it ships. Which is to say, I expect the R2 to start at ~$50k at that point, and the R3 to start at ~$45.

It's expected to have the same battery and motors as the R2, similar interior treatments, and sheet metal doesn't cost that much.

Reminds me of an old school Rabbit. Put in my $100 down for the R2, we'll see how that goes.

1983-vw-gti-rabbit-108-1594383970.jpg

1983-vw-gti-rabbit-119-1594384023.jpg