Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Competition: Rivian R2 Price & Specs Leaked! -- $47500, 0-60 3 Sec, 330 Miles Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re thinking of owning a rivian…. This is the /LEAST/ dumb reason/decision.

The truth is starting to come out as more prior EV (or luxury) owners are willing to speak up and not worry about the endless barrage from the “love rivian at all costs” crew.
I’ll consider and R2 or R3 but only after they’ve been out awhile and only if Rivian makes some other improvements

If you’re thinking of owning a rivian…. This is the /LEAST/ dumb reason/decision.

The truth is starting to come out as more prior EV (or luxury) owners are willing to speak up and not worry about the endless barrage from the “love rivian at all costs” crew.
I’ve see you post a few things about your Rivian experience. Have you summarized your dislikes anywhere that you can link to? I’m just curious. Or can you bullet point the main ones?

If there is some impending European curbside charging network coming, maybe it's a good gamble.
It’s already there.
I live in Europe, and literally have no idea what you are talking about. Europe is not a homogeneous entity. While there might be some parts with curbside charging networks, they do not exist either where I live, or where I travel. Besides, the bestselling car in Europe last year – Tesla Model Y – has it's charge port on the LHS, so clearly this aspect of charge port location is unimportant to many consumers. (Even if you are charging curbside, as Bjørn Nyland points out, a charge port on the LHS is not a big impediment or risk anyway.) IMHO, if Rivian is basing this decision on "Europe", it's simply dumb.