Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Very Popular Topic On Rivian Forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
I've been lurking over on the Rivian forum. They're not as vocal as the TMC forum. They talk about Rivian fit/finish, service and software. They bicker amongst each other too. But it seems a very popular topic is the Cybertruck.
They are still in business? I saw their Ford Maverick lookalike and didnt ever go drive one. I hope they survive the next couple of years.

1698197686140.png

They are still in business? I saw their Ford Maverick lookalike and didnt ever go drive one. I hope they survive the next couple of years.
There is a niche for a smaller EV truck. Honestly it would fit my needs better than a CT but I cannot get past how ugly the Rivian grill is. If the CT proves too big to deal with regularly I may have to put on some blinders and get an R1T. I'll just have to be sure to always approach it from the rear 🫣 Though my wife wants a BEV Gladiator.

I've been lurking over on the Rivian forum. They're not as vocal as the TMC forum. They talk about Rivian fit/finish, service and software. They bicker amongst each other too. But it seems a very popular topic is the Cybertruck.

No surprise since many are former or still current Tesla owners (like myself). I got a reservation on the CT the morning after it was announced and depending on the price/specs, will probably get one too...but I do love my Rivian - more than any of the other Tesla's I've owned.

Did you know that the top of the line cybertruck is going to be <70k and have a 500 mile range? I mean it was announced so its definitely true right?

Posting well known future plans doesn't have any effect at all on today's trucks.
Not sure what your point is? Rivian as well as Ford and a bunch of others will have NACS ports and Tesla SC access in 2024. By then Tesla will have only delivered a handful of CTs. So there will be many, many buyers still waiting for their CT when the others start supporting NACS. Those reservation holders will have an actual choice in vehicles which is wonderful for the industry and the planet.

I really like the interior of the Rivian, and I love the "tunnel" storage area. That is what the Cybertruck's interior should look like. Anyone buying one is certainly taking a risk though. Rivian is losing loads of money, and I don't see a certain point where they will break even. If they go out of business, there will be no service or support.

Last edited:
I really like the interior of the Rivian, and I love the "tunnel" storage area. That is what the Cybertruck's interior should look like. Anyone buying one is certainly taking a risk though. Rivian is losing loads of money, and I don't see a certain point where they will break even. If they go out of business, there will be no service or support.
Toyota or Volkswagen would buy Rivian for pennies on the $ and continue the business....

Reactions: sperkin and coleAK
I'm not sure on that, maybe the latest ones coming out are better. Mine is an 89xx VIN and has pretty bad alignment.

Have you seen the Cybertrucks though? It's REALLY bad.

This was one the other day. Everything that closes has awful alignment. The liftgate is way off. All the doors are bent and misaligned. The bottom of the rear door sticks out of hte body, the top of the front door sticks out. Rear sail panel sticks out on top, etc etc

1698424663668.png

Have you seen the Cybertrucks though? It's REALLY bad.

This was one the other day. Everything that closes has awful alignment. The liftgate is way off. All the doors are bent and misaligned. The bottom of the rear door sticks out of hte body, the top of the front door sticks out. Rear sail panel sticks out on top, etc etc

View attachment 985840
It's not a good picture, at that angle, in the rain and through a windshield to really see any of that.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Not unexpected that some early releases of Cybertrucks will have fit and finish issues. It will take some time for the line to settle down and the assemblers gain experience.

For many, the fit and finish will absolutely not be an issue. They are buying those trucks for their capabilities and versitility. If a body panel does not line up perfectly, it will still most likely resist penetration from a Tommy Gun attack. It will still resist scratches and pinstriping from hinting trips down back country roads etc.

When I put in my reservation for a CyberTruck and a Rivian R1T I figured I’d take whichever came first. My R1T arrived June of 2022 so I’ve had it for over a year now. My main use is to pull my Airstream and the R1T has been exceptional at that. It’s a beast at towing yet its small form factor fits in my garage quite nicely so I may decide to pass on the CT in favor of my R1T.