Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remotely roll down windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering if any of the Tesla models have the feature of controlling the windows remotely via the app or button combination on the key fob? Thanks in advance!

Why you want to roll down the windows by app? :confused:
To let a thief get your laptop you forgot on the backseat? :rolleyes:

To cool down the car you can remotely enter the temperature you want. :D

Why you want to roll down the windows by app? :confused:
To let a thief get your laptop you forgot on the backseat? :rolleyes:

To cool down the car you can remotely enter the temperature you want. :D
The opposite, actually. I'd like to have them roll up automatically when I leave my car.
I also currently roll them down as I'm walking out to get a good breeze going through the cabin before I arrive. I imagine naturally cooling the cabin would help prolong battery life versus engaging climate control.

Well, that's not very fancy for a tech-mobile. My 2013 Cruze can do this, granted it's from a third-party OBDII device.
hhheeeeeeyyyyyyyy, don't talk smack about my tech-mobile.

:)

Does your Cruze drive in and out of the garage for you? Does it drive out of tight parking spaces for you without you behind the wheel? Does your Cruse auto steer itself for miles down the road? Does it perpendicular and parallel park for you? Can you unlock the trunk or frunk remotely from an app? Does your Cruse even have a frunk?

On my Lexus GS 350 it can do that via the remote. Sad part is while eating dinner at a Restaurant one day with keys in my pocket, I had accidently push hold down a button somehow. Came out to find all my windows down and sun roof open. hahaha

Luckily I parked directly in front of the restaurant and it had a line of people waiting outside. I bet they be like. Psssft, show off, the minute i walked out and realized my windows was down to cool off my car and drove off. haahha

On my Lexus GS 350 it can do that via the remote. Sad part is while eating dinner at a Restaurant one day with keys in my pocket, I had accidently push hold down a button somehow. Came out to find all my windows down and sun roof open. hahaha
this is why tesla deleted this operation from the FOB, as another contributer offered, maybe tesla could put this feature onto it's phone app. where it wouldn't be prone to accidental operation.

Reactions: 0ptions and croman
Early on this was possible, then tesla removed/disabled the feature probably due to all the people in cali wearing tight pants and the windows all being rolled down by mistake when walking away from the car.

Hey, it happened to me, and I'm in WA!

They did have a bug on unintentional auto-rolldown - they just didn't never admitted it.

I had windows roll down once when we were far out of possible reach for anything the remote could reach. And it only rolled down 2 windows, not 4 - the remote didn't even have a way to do that - it was all 4 or nothing. So had to have been a bug that at least cause 2 instead of 4, and I'm positive that the entire rolldown event itself was a bug.

But rather than fixing the bugs with it, they pulled the feature :(.

• Informative
Reactions: 0ptions
I would be happy with roll them all up via the phone app. Been a few times where I have left the roof and windows open and walked away only to have it start raining. I can close the roof remotely, would be handy to close the windows too.

Reactions: 0ptions
hhheeeeeeyyyyyyyy, don't talk smack about my tech-mobile.

Does your Cruze drive in and out of the garage for you? Does it drive out of tight parking spaces for you without you behind the wheel? Does your Cruse auto steer itself for miles down the road? Does it perpendicular and parallel park for you? Can you unlock the trunk or frunk remotely from an app? Does your Cruse even have a frunk?

This is exactly why I'm shocked I can't have it on a Tesla. It should at least be a setting I can toggle on or off.