Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Driver Door window doesn't rise up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have a 2014 Model S P85 that I like very much, but recently I have had this issue where my driver's door window will not rise after closing the door. I have read online that the motor needs recalibration by holding the window up for a few seconds until a clicking noise, then pulling the window down for a few seconds, and then raising it again until it clicks back. After this recalibration procedure, the window works great as normal after I close the door it raises. Here is the problem... the window motor gets decalibrated every day, sometimes twice a day, so I have to do the calibration procedure every single time before exiting the car... I did ask Tesla about it, but they asked to pay $220 just for the inspection... So I wanted to see if you guys anyone had the same issue, what was the problem, and how it got fixed.
P.S. I did replace the window buttons with new ones in the hope of fixing the issue, but nothing changed.
Please help, thanks in advance!

Thank you for bringing this up. I've had my 2015 P85D for about 8 months. I didn't notice this when I first got it, and not sure when it started...
Now when I exit the car, the window parks itself all the way up about half the time. I find I have to re-enter the car, sit in the seat, close the door, and roll it up, then exit. Most of the time it will go to the top. As per your re calibrate suggestion, I hear no clicks and nothing changes.

However, I have recently tried putting the car in park, rolling the window down a bit, then all the way up, then exiting. This seems to work so far...
I hope someone comes up with a REAL answer...

Upvote 0