Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, now that things have settled, just a heads up:

#1 The second post of this thread is a wiki. I started it off with some info, but please feel free to add tidbits and pics!
#2 I will be moving the bulk of the chatter re: seat folding to this thread: Will the second row seats fold flat? If so, how? - please take convo there going forward.

Thanks!

Too soon to give you rep again, but thanks. I'll take my stuff (like roadtrip plans) to a new thread shortly.

Has been covered before, but just in case: streamlining for increased productivity and efficiency during this critical, rapid growth toward ultimate goal of the Secret Master Plan phase. Tesla is not in a position to offer all the body paint colors and possible options that people can come up with. When they are an old, boring, 100 year old company and all OEMs are making EV's and the automotive world is yet again a mostly boring place where the only way to differentiate from one another is by offering 2-tone sport seats is the day we'll see Tesla going down that road.

Right, I get that. My comment was more of a playful, "Come on, slip this option in!" :D

Obviously, they need to keep things as streamlined as possible and survive... well, grow several times over. But from the consumer perspective, "man, it sure would be swell!"

- - - Updated - - -

Too soon to give you rep again, but thanks. I'll take my stuff (like roadtrip plans) to a new thread shortly.

I tried to contain myself, but to make sure I don't forget, any chance you'll come through Sarasota, FL? (No earlier than December)

I'm disappointed in the look of the X, was hoping for a more retro look. And a lot of "delete" options to keep the cost down. What's wrong with the classic?

first-electric-car-2.jpg

So much speculation about seats in this thread ... Others have said much the same but it's worth repeating that the configurator picture is a computer render that is probably just a schematic showing how space in the car is utilized. It only needs to correspond to reality in so far as it allows people to choose their interior color. I doubt whether any of the packaging or seat innovations whose development has held the car up for well over a year are included. They would want to hold those back so the official reveal will have some punch and purpose, and perhaps also (if they feel they are significant) for equal disclosure to all shareholders. That said, it is fun to speculate about the seats.

Model X Configuration has begun!

The Cold Weather pkg may be removed, if it really will cause a delay. Someone is checking into that before I have to finalize. I hate the idea of matching cars, but I really like the contrast of the white with the solid black underbody.

And yes, the 22" wheels ... I will probably pick up a set of 20s with winter tires to swap out as appropriate.

View attachment 92804

Love your choices, Bonnie, it is my dream vehicle. So grateful you shared all of this.

The only thing I won't get is ludicrous as I need range more than performance out here where there are fewer SCs. I also don't need the sound package but do want the dark headliner and dark seats (lots of pets to ride in it). Hope it would make mine come in well under $115K.