Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Online Configuration by September.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was two months between when I finalized my S order and took delivery. Without an official announcement of X's specs and options, I don't get how they could expect early X reservation holders to choose their X configuration quickly enough for the factory to have enough time to fill those orders before September is gone. Unless TM releases specs and options soon (it's already second half of August), substantial deliveries in September seem to be evaporating.

There were never supposed to be substantial deliveries in September. It's been widely assumed the people who will be taking delivery in September (Founders) have already configured in private. That's not to say they couldn't turn around some orders in 30 days, as they are currently doing this with some Model S orders. However, Elon has stated multiple times that substantial deliveries will not happen until Q4.

maintenance.jpg
The site is down for maintenance as of Wednesday, 08/26/2015 shortly before 11PM Pacific Time. Hopefully, it's a preparation for Model X web pages ;)

No such luck. Sigh. I've had my Model X order in since mid 2012, but haven't really felt much "wait anxiety" since I decided to buy a Model S in late 2012, and received it less than 3 months later. But I just recently reached the point where I now NEED the Model X (for 7 passengers and towing), so I'm finally learning how all those stalwart Model S reservation holders felt for so many years...

It sucks.

I still do not understand why Tesla just won't release the freaking design studio already... It almost makes one think the Model X is actually vapor ware... Something simply doesn't feel right here and I wish Elon would just come clean or at a minimum meet his own self imposed deadlines. If Tesla doesn't know enough by now to launch the design studio then there is no way they actually meet the definition of a Q3 release for the Model X and the stock will take a beating as a result.

Jeff

Fingers crossed!

I am worried about your fingers man! Don`t keep them crossed too long, they may turn blue...

- - - Updated - - -

I still do not understand why Tesla just won't release the freaking design studio already... It almost makes one think the Model X is actually vapor ware... Something simply doesn't feel right here and I wish Elon would just come clean or at a minimum meet his own self imposed deadlines. If Tesla doesn't know enough by now to launch the design studio then there is no way they actually meet the definition of a Q3 release for the Model X and the stock will take a beating as a result.

Jeff
This is how I explain that.

They want to do a proper reveal for this car before taking the studio online. What is very likely in my mind is that the Founders have already configured and even some Sigs (khm.. Bonnie and her Friday shenanigans... khm) have been asked to do so in person. They are also about to bring the production line online (Elon`s Tweet), meaning that in about 2 weeks we could expect a Founders` delivery event streamed online followed by the studio going live that evening.

Than again I wouldn't hold my breath (or keep my fingers crossed) waiting for the X. They may just randomly surprise us with a Tweet at any time.

Guys, the Model X is delayed, again. Elton pretty much said that in the 2Q conference call. He did say three weeks for the configurator, but he also said that they had supplier issues. When Elon says contradictory things, believe the pessimistic one... I mean, has Tesla ever made a promised date?

Last year, Elon sent the tweet about the "D" the 1st September (for the revelation on Sept 9th).

My guess, is a tweet tomorrow (1rst), just calling the reveal event in ~1 week (with in same time the configurator, like last year with the "D").

PS: I'm not really good at "guess" ... I was really sure that it was las week (since Elon said "In 2-3 weeks" at the August 5th shareholder call)

Last year, Elon sent the tweet about the "D" the 1st September (for the revelation on Sept 9th).

My guess, is a tweet tomorrow (1rst), just calling the reveal event in ~1 week (with in same time the configurator, like last year with the "D").

PS: I'm not really good at "guess" ... I was really sure that it was las week (since Elon said "In 2-3 weeks" at the August 5th shareholder call)

I think you mean an announcement on Oct 1 for a reveal on October 9th, last year. Not sure what if anything this means for your expectations for September 1st this year...
Walter