Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x deliver estimate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on 2/9 and it said Feb-March. Then after a week or so the app adjusted to exact dates of 3/14-4/25. Also the tax rebate edition. Hoping for end of March delivery because I am trasfering FSD and FUSC....saw tweet about them honoring FSD past end of March but havent seen word on the Supercharging being honored.

Reactions: Dmithun
I ordered on 2/9 and it said Feb-March. Then after a week or so the app adjusted to exact dates of 3/14-4/25. Also the tax rebate edition. Hoping for end of March delivery because I am trasfering FSD and FUSC....saw tweet about them honoring FSD past end of March but havent seen word on the Supercharging being honored.
Interesting. I guess geography really does play a (small) role in delivery timing.

I am in Colorado. Ordered a tax edition on 2/21/24. Initial EDD said Feb-March like you, now it says 3/17-4/21.

So it looks like my window is slightly narrower with a slightly earlier end date than you despite ordering almost two weeks later.

I’m wondering the same.

How do you do that, i.e. rejected or put on hold once VIN is assigned?
You just let you SA know you aren't ready to take delivery and want to put your order on hold. They will give your VIN to the next buyer and you can release your hold whenever you're ready within 14 days.

I regret doing it now that I know all these rumors were just BS. I could've had my MX last week. Live and learn!

You just let you SA know you aren't ready to take delivery and want to put your order on hold. They will give your VIN to the next buyer and you can release your hold whenever you're ready within 14 days.

Right, ok. But when do you do that usually?

In other words, i got a VIN. And MVPA. All "today", Mar 12.

Car is not yet in Raleigh NC location for pickup.

I have different reason that makes my timing bit wonky.

If Tesla tells me i need to pickup the car before Mar 20, then i'm screwed. But any day after Mar 20, then cool.

So, if the car makes its way to Raleigh NC location, then do i have up to 14 days to pick up, although i would hate to have the car "outside" on the lot for that long.

Or, Mar 20 is no way in hell the car can make its way to me before that (???).

Right, ok. But when do you do that usually?

In other words, i got a VIN. And MVPA. All "today", Mar 12.

Car is not yet in Raleigh NC location for pickup.

I have different reason that makes my timing bit wonky.

If Tesla tells me i need to pickup the car before Mar 20, then i'm screwed. But any day after Mar 20, then cool.

So, if the car makes its way to Raleigh NC location, then do i have up to 14 days to pick up, although i would hate to have the car "outside" on the lot for that long.

Or, Mar 20 is no way in hell the car can make its way to me before that (???).
Putting it on hold releases the VIN they assigned you to the next buyer. You then go back in the queue and get a new delivery window without a VIN assigned. The SA should be able to explain the process to you to make sure you are comfortable with doing this because I've seen reports of people getting assigned a VIN the day after they release a hold and others that had to wait an additional month or 2 for a new VIN