Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Coast (New Jersey) X Plaid 22 inch wheels Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone take delivery of Model X Plaid 22 inch wheels in New Jersey recently? what tires came on the 22? All season or summer? thanks.

ordering and got 2 different answers. Springfield service said all season and sales on phone said summer. I guess they do not really know.

20 inch here, but Tesla’s configurator says all season on the non plaid and summer on the plaid. In fall of 2023 a demo showroom plaid with 22 inch in Springfield had the summer continentals. If you want AS, get 20, sell the cyberstreams and stock continentals and get replica turbines and tires for a little over half of what Tesla charges, thus saving some cash at the price of a bit of a hassle.

20 inch here, but Tesla’s configurator says all season on the non plaid and summer on the plaid. In fall of 2023 a demo showroom plaid with 22 inch in Springfield had the summer continentals. If you want AS, get 20, sell the cyberstreams and stock continentals and get replica turbines and tires for a little over half of what Tesla charges, thus saving some cash at the price of a bit of a hassle.
ah... thanks. damn. have to do some tire changing or wheel changing. east coast should not have summer tires.

I doubt the gas mileage is going to be better with after market - no aerodynamic wheel options and the turbine wheel lower efficiency is mostly due to tire, especially at highway speeds the turbine might be as efficient as cyberstream on lower rolling resistance tires (if you keep the inserts). But who cares about efficiency in a plaid. I just think they look pretty sick and I prefer snow rated tire as I drive to ski areas in winter and dedicated summer otherwise

I doubt the gas mileage is going to be better with after market - no aerodynamic wheel options and the turbine wheel lower efficiency is mostly due to tire, especially at highway speeds the turbine might be as efficient as cyberstream on lower rolling resistance tires (if you keep the inserts). But who cares about efficiency in a plaid. I just think they look pretty sick and I prefer snow rated tire as I drive to ski areas in winter and dedicated summer otherwise
“Gas” mileage…..the NERVE of some people!

Haha jk jk. Too easy to pass up this opportunity. That’s all for today.

• Funny
Reactions: MitchMitch