Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telsa gives Est. Delivery: Feb – Mar 2024, will tracking tell exact amount due at delivery/signing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty much a no frill, basic configuration.

• Model X All-Wheel Drive
  • Stealth Grey
  • 20'' Cyberstream Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Ebony Décor
  • Five Seats
  • Steering Wheel
  • Basic Autopilot
  • Tow Package

So, believe or not, last time i did a new car finance through bank was back in 2004. I did purchase a new vehicle in 2019 but financing was done directly with the manufactuer.

With Tesla, do i act now to get the financing secured and have a bank check cut to made out directly to Tesla to include the Tesla fees plus the non-Tesla fees?

Will Tesla tell me (in the app ?) what amount exactly to make the payment out to, as due on delivery?

Thanks.

Okay, some feedback on following scenarios would be appreciated. I've read through the motor vehicle order agreement also.

I started the order processing on Feb 22. The order is not complete because it's at the Financing step to provide finance partner information.

Here's my current financing situation based on the purchase price of the MX at $76,618.65 (includes Tesla and non-Tesla fees, and POS $7,500 deducted).

My rate is 5.99% at 60 months term (so I'm not in any hurry to pay this off before the 5 years is up) from local credit union.

Financing goals are, keep my monthly payment low(er) and total interest payment small(er). I don't invest outside of ESPP and 401(k) but do have savings, and I have weighed the alternative of making smaller down payment and rest toward rates I "could" have earn if invested/saved.

a) March 20, 2024, is when my CD matures, and I can make bigger down payment, $47,000 (~61%)

b) Prior to March 20, 2024, my down payment ability is smaller, at $15,323.73 (20%).

Local credit union can turn around auto loan application in a day and holds pre-approval only up to 30 days.

If I confirm my order TODAY Feb 26 to complete the order, then there is chance that Tesla comes back to me (well) before March 20, and gives me the MVPA. Now, I believe I have up to "few days" (???) to coordinate final payment arrangement.

Or I can take my chance without further holding up the reservation and complete the order TODAY. And hope that MVPA show up close to, are after the March 20, 2024, date.

Thoughts? Complete the order now because the chance of MVPA with VIN available before March 20, is basically nil? Reading through the Model X Order Tracker, the historical data seem to be on the side of, "no way, not before the March 20, 2024".

Of course, there is the possibility of the rate fluctuating from now until the loan finalization.

Thanks!