Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Falcon Doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or you could replace the Tesla badge with a raging bull badge, the public is already conditioned to accept "Lambo" doors.:biggrin:

I'm an X reservation holder but will probably instruct my kids to climb through the front seats when in public. Until it's more mainstream (hopefully), I feel as if I'll be embarrassed and humiliated to operate those things in a public parking lot.

I'm an X reservation holder but will probably instruct my kids to climb through the front seats when in public. Until it's more mainstream (hopefully), I feel as if I'll be embarrassed and humiliated to operate those things in a public parking lot.

My wife's got the same reaction to the Falcon Doors. I have no issues with the looks I get when I put my groceries in the engine bay but I think she'd rather be a little more anonymous. Whatever one's thoughts on the utility (or lack thereof) of the Falcon Doors, I think we can all agree that they make a statement.

Actually I think instead of getting out the drivers door I'm going to slide in the back all the time just to go out the falcon doors. I dig them.

Especially if somehow I can get the Stephen Colbert Eagle screech to play when they open.

That's honestly the sound I've had in my mind the whole time, since I posted the falcon cry bit. I searched a bit for falcon cries and they're much less exciting than that Colbert screech.

scottf200 said:
Actually I think instead of getting out the drivers door I'm going to slide in the back all the time just to go out the falcon doors. I dig them.
Hopefully we won't wind up parked next to each other someday - the logistics of you sliding back and my kids going into the drivers side door will be dizzying. Or maybe it'll be the perfect offset...

Remember the old adage that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Tesla, consider yourselves flattered!

The Giugiaro Clipper Has DeLorean And Butterfly Doors At Once

The rear doors appear to have a single hinge. The front doors would dump all weather right in the front seats. Not a good combo for what looks to be a family friendly car. I like the B&Oesque dash but the middle console is a whole lot of fuss. Just goes to show how hard it is to get the whole package right and make a car as nice as the Teslas.

- - - Updated - - -

Traveling to and from work I typically open the rear door to manage my comuter bag which tucks in nicely behind the driver's seat. I doubt I would want to wait for the falcon door to do its thing. I imagine it would be quicker if I could use the remote to open and close just the rear drivers side window with the key fob to gain access to that area; otherwise I might start using the rear hatch instead.

I realize you were talking about the Clipper here, but that does make me wonder how they'll channel roof snow/rain away from the passenger compartment on the MX. That'll be an interesting engineering project.

The Model X doors don't open the same way as the Clipper front doors (the ones under discussion). They open the same way as the back door on a Model S or any other hatch back door, which aren't known for dumping snow on the passengers.

The Model X doors don't open the same way as the Clipper front doors (the ones under discussion). They open the same way as the back door on a Model S or any other hatch back door, which aren't known for dumping snow on the passengers.

I certainly understand how the MX doors open. Hatch back doors/Model S rear doors don't articulate and therefore don't have a mid-door seam to consider. This changes things a bit from an engineering standpoint since you cannot have the traditional channel around the door and at the top hinge. That channel will be compromised by the mid-door hinge, posing a bit of a challenge. That's all I was trying to say..

Traveling to and from work I typically open the rear door to manage my comuter bag which tucks in nicely behind the driver's seat. I doubt I would want to wait for the falcon door to do its thing. I imagine it would be quicker if I could use the remote to open and close just the rear drivers side window with the key fob to gain access to that area; otherwise I might start using the rear hatch instead.

You could also just leave the bag in the "opportunity console" and save yourself some time :wink:

I certainly understand how the MX doors open. Hatch back doors/Model S rear doors don't articulate and therefore don't have a mid-door seam to consider. This changes things a bit from an engineering standpoint since you cannot have the traditional channel around the door and at the top hinge. That channel will be compromised by the mid-door hinge, posing a bit of a challenge. That's all I was trying to say..

Ohmman,

You are not the only one with this query... Living in snow country, that specific issue is one of the very few that would derail my plans to purchase a MX if not addressed properly.

By the way, Hyundai Nuvis concept (tall 4 seat with gull-wings):
Hyundai Nuvis Concept Unveiled » [url]WWW.YOSAX.COM - New Cars | Tuned Cars | Concept Cars[/url]
hyundai-nuvis-concept-1.jpg

hyundai-nuvis-concept-3.jpg

It's the Gen 3 model X...