Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing Doors Not Opening (Beeps three times)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple weeks ago I came out to my 2022 (refresh) Model X and found that neither falcon wing door would open. When I pushed on the physical door open button the car just beeped three times. No problem at all with the front doors. The controls for the falcon wing doors were also greyed out on the user interface. I made a service appointment, took it in, and magically they were both working when I got to the service center. The technician said that if they couldn't recreate the problem then they couldn't diagnose it. Now fast forward to today, and one of the two doors is doing it again. I have a service appointment but the first available was next week and I'm afraid that it'll magically start working by then.

Has anybody else had this problem? I'm afraid to take my kids places because who knows if I can get them in/out when I need to

You should log the exact time/day of the issue.Tesla can pull car’s records quickly with that info. I had major door issues and it worked at service, so they advised I record time/day and that worked.
I had both doors not open and it was scary because I have 2 infants in carseats I couldn’t get out. I had the squeeze through console to get them out of their seats. And after Tesla “fixed” it, one door wouldn’t open. It’s taken several service visits. I told them I wouldn’t wait even a day to be seen. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE. You should just show up and tell them it’s UNSAFE to drive…because it is.

Reactions: cwerdna
You should log the exact time/day of the issue.Tesla can pull car’s records quickly with that info. I had major door issues and it worked at service, so they advised I record time/day and that worked.
I had both doors not open and it was scary because I have 2 infants in carseats I couldn’t get out. I had the squeeze through console to get them out of their seats. And after Tesla “fixed” it, one door wouldn’t open. It’s taken several service visits. I told them I wouldn’t wait even a day to be seen. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE. You should just show up and tell them it’s UNSAFE to drive…because it is.
Thank you, I did that and now I have it going back in tomorrow with multiple timestamps logged. Tesla said that the door sensors were detecting something blocking the doors but there was nothing there at all. It suddenly started happening in February and so the service tech guessed that maybe it's software update related, maybe as part of the changeover from sensors to Tesla Vision 💩

Reactions: Jess
So I had the same problem twice. Once with the left door. They replaced the ultrasonic sensor carrier and tape and it worked fine….until this past weekend when both doors didn’t open. This time the service center cited the following:
1711505982339.png

I do have the Xpel matte wrap. This is the first time I had the issue that both doors won’t open.

So it turned out that the ultrasonic sensor in the passenger door was loose in the bracket. They tightened up the bracket and that went away. I still get it occasionally on the driver's side door but only in the morning. I've learned that it's because the driver's door faces east where I park it, and our Model X is black. The sun is shining directly at the face of the door every morning. The service tech said it happens with black and red ones, the sun heats up the skin of the door panel and throws off the alignment of the sensor, tricking it into thinking there is an obstruction. It's also why they couldn't recreate the issue on the driver's door no matter how much they tried.