Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing Doors don't fully open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
I have a 2023 MX with ultrasonic sensors. This is my second MX which gave me an option to "fully open at this location" for the falcon wing doors. This is no longer an option. Now I see a "Quick open" in addition to the "Open" button (which is not mentioned in the Owner's Manual). When I am parked in my driveway and press the Open button, the falcon door only partially opens, forcing my passengers to duck down to get under it. I have to press (and hold) the Open button to get it to open the rest of the way. I have reproduced this issue with no one near the car.

Does the MX no longer remember the location for door height settings?
Is this typical behavior?

I do usually park in the garage. So sure, the GPS might have thought the car was in the garage.
But... when I arrived at the theater in an open parking space, it did the same thing. When we went to a restaurant afterwards, the same thing.

I do usually park in the garage. So sure, the GPS might have thought the car was in the garage.
But... when I arrived at the theater in an open parking space, it did the same thing. When we went to a restaurant afterwards, the same thing.
Well, assuming you have the height set to "Auto" rather than "Low" in the settings, sounds like you might have an issue that needs to be looked at.