Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon door won’t close fully - 2023 MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a 2023 X with 1k miles on it; driver’s side falcon wing door has just decided to stop closing fully. Door will close 90% of the way then sound a chime and stop.

This happens every time, and I can only close the door by pressing and holding the interior pillar button. Is this a common issue? There is no obvious blockage that I can see. Pretty irritating that this is happening on a road trip on an essentially brand new car and until I realized I could manually force it with the switch I thought it might be undriveable.

Same thing with my 2024 Model X, it’s in service now…others have had several issues. Seems like an easy fix from what I have been reading.
Once it starts to happen, it seems to occur more frequently, at least with mine it did.
Good luck.

Update: got the car back and here is what they found, so far I’ve tested the door and seems like it is still occurring . May be going back .

Attachments

• IMG_2485.png
    IMG_2485.png
    376.9 KB · Views: 11
My driver side falcon door was having this issue as well. They ended up removing and re-installing the rear quarter window “without guide dowels” to prevent the pinch sensor from touching. It’s worked flawlessly since then. And the window alignment is still spot on and looks great. Tech said he’s seen the issue at least 50 times and this is the fix.
IMG_3628.jpeg