Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Falcon Wing Doors Rubbing Paint Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 MX LR

My right passenger Falcon wing door is rubbing the paint off. I took the car to sc multiple times and was sent to a body shop once. They tried to adjust the alignment but the issue persisted. Has anyone had the same problem and was able to get it resolved?

IMG-9381.jpg

IMG-7351.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: NJturtlePower
My 2022 model X had this problem within the first six months so we took it in. Just had to take it in again as the paint was rubbed down to the metal. They are fixing it at a body shop but their "fix" now is to put PPF over the area. They tell me that if they align the doors to prevent this happening then the doors would "stick out and would not be properly flush". Presumably the PPF will keep wearing out and will require yearly replacement.Sounds like a design flaw to me. We have had two previous Xs. I think we had some rubbing issues on one of them but i don't remember it being unsolvable.

We have this issue as well on our new to us 2017 Model X.

I have some helicopter tape I am planning to put on the areas to protect it - it is a bit tougher and thicker than PPF - so it should last a bit longer...

I was going to check with mobile service the next time we have any work done on one of our cars to see if they have any options to adjust it. Mobile service seems to be very knowledgeable about fixing things that the SC sometimes balks at.

Several threads here on this issue mostly with pre refresh but at least one with refresh

This one is worse but issue is not uncommon- depending on your door alignment and calibration I think it’s a good idea to ppf that area for every X