Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah. I ended up accepting delivery to avoid joining the $2750 club. I noted everything and took pictures. Hopefully they can touch up the paint and swap out the wheel. They wanted to have a rim repair guy work on it, which I'm sure will look fine, but come on. It's a new car.

So what you're saying is the deal HINGED on you getting UR for free;)

for those in Houston, I had been using XPel Houston as they do a great job, but this time, used AFS in Cypress, they specialize in Tesla and have facilities in the North Houston and Cypress parking lots with Tesla. I will say they were fast and easy to deal with. dropped it off Friday after pick up and they had it ready by Tuesday. Prices were similar, but AFS does wrapped edges where XPel typically does the cut edges.

Did you do full body PPF? How much did it cost?

View attachment 1033398
Похоже, по петлям били молотком, а потом подкрасили. Задняя водительская дверь.
You're absolutely right about them hitting the door hinges with a hammer and dull chisel to adjust the gaps on the doors. If you take some solvent and wipe off all that paint they applied, you'll see how much and where they scratched the paint on the hinges. Sometimes they mess up and scratch the body near the hinge and then try to touch it up. But the problem is, that paint doesn't have hardener in it, so it'll take forever to dry. After seeing what they did to my Tesla, I was really surprised how they could even sell cars like that (especially since I'm in the auto body repair and painting business). For example, hinges don't budge at all after painting on BMWs, Audis, MBs, and many other manufacturers are very careful with these body parts to not mess up the paint.
I returned my Tesla to the dealership and filed a complaint for a refund, but they had already repainted the front fender.

I am supposed to take delivery next week (Have a VIN but not yet scheduled). I am not very optimistic after everything I have heard and seen here...
The good stories of delivery are shorter and less noticeable than the less-than-good ones. Our was great. Love the car. We're 3/4ths the way around the country on a month-long road trip to visit family and see sights, and it's been flawless.

I am supposed to take delivery next week (Have a VIN but not yet scheduled). I am not very optimistic after everything I have heard and seen here...
I took delivery towards the beginning of the month and have been VERY happy with my MSLR. It’s just about perfect. I posted about it a few times in this thread around that time. I had dropped it off to a local service center this week for a few things I’ve noticed needed to be adjusted but they were mostly minor. They gave me a mid-2021 Plaid as a loaner and, while I loved the raw power of that car. it made me appreciate my 2/24 built MSLR even more.

Reactions: empiredown
The good stories of delivery are shorter and less noticeable than the less-than-good ones. Our was great. Love the car. We're 3/4ths the way around the country on a month-long road trip to visit family and see sights, and it's been flawless.
No doubt the good stories outnumber the bad ones but I’ve never seen any forum with as many bad deliveries as this one and it’s not even close so there’s that. My Plaid had several defects that no manufacturer would ever allow through quality control.

Reactions: ck1891 and aerodyne
1000005099.jpg

Washed and cleaned properly! Front license plate holder removed! Looking pretty good!

View attachment 1033683

Washed and cleaned properly! Front license plate holder removed! Looking pretty good!
Liking the wheel cap covers with silver T. I thought about a red inlay but with the red calipers, silver is better.

Highly recommend PPF on the lights and bumper cover. Almost no rock hits anywhere else after 22 months, I have more on the windshield (4) than the hood and fenders (3)

Liking the wheel cap covers with silver T. I thought about a red inlay but with the red calipers, silver is better.

Highly recommend PPF on the lights and bumper cover. Almost no rock hits anywhere else after 22 months, I have more on the windshield (4) than the hood and fenders (3)
Yeah, I'll ask my detailer. I didn't do anything to protect my last car and it looked fine after two years. Maybe one or two small chips. And I'll probably sell it in 2-3 years when something better comes along... 😅

Reactions: Flypony53
Yeah, I'll ask my detailer. I didn't do anything to protect my last car and it looked fine after two years. Maybe one or two small chips. And I'll probably sell it in 2-3 years when something better comes along... 😅
IMO, It's the ease of bug removal that's worth the approx $600 cost for PPF on the bumper cover and lights

I dust and detail about every 10 days, wash about once a year. I don't drive when rain is forecast, which helps...

If I did not have PPF I would have to wash the front often, and really scrub to remove the bugs.

The same process works for the wife's S 560, front PPF only, although the paint is better quality on German cars than the MS.