Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@sorka Thanks for all your help with alignment issues here. But I gotta' ask... How the &^%$ do you know all of this stuff? Have you worked in a body shop before? Worked for Tesla on the production line or in service? Seriously, I consider myself fairly handy with fixing things but I would not consider doing all the adjustments you can do and have done. Not being sarcastic or negative here, I'd really like to know.

For example, I have a 3D printer and completely understood what you did with the bolts on the hinges. But I'd be afraid I'd damage the door (by dropping it) if I took it off. Plus I figure I'd put it back on worse than when I started.

The hardest part of doing any of this is overcoming the fear of screwing things up. I figure I'm going to break things. Pulling engines with a lift and rebuilding them with upgraded internals, upgrading intakes, turbos, fuel systems, etc, gives you thicker skin for trying new stuff. Panel alignment on an MS is childs play compared to a full Falcon Wing Door alignment where you have to use a shop hoist to prop up the door when you remove the primary and secondary struts and the full headliner just to be able to adjust the roof side hinge.

Screenshot_20221215_131200_Gallery.jpg_compressed.JPEG
20221208_144337.jpg_compressed.JPEG
DJI_20221208_154917_115.jpg_compressed.JPEG

On my first attempt, I totally destroyed one of the secondary struts. Ordered one from Tesla in Fresno and it came in within 3 days so no big deal. Was $95. Everything went smoothly after that.

How so? The blind spot in the front from the cameras is just as there in reverse as it is pulling forward. Or am I missing something?
If you reverse into a space, when you come and check Sentry mode because says, someone hit you (in the front, since the rear of your car is protected), you don’t have the repeaters providing you camera data since they’re facing the other way. We’ve had a few people not capture enough since you’re relying on just one front camera with a fairly narrow view this way. When you drive front first into a parking space, you have 3x cameras to provide video evidence.

If Teslas added recording via those front facing repeaters, that would be nice, but currently you can only view a live feed of them and they’re not recording for the end user.

Reactions: cwanja
I am supposed to take delivery next week (Have a VIN but not yet scheduled). I am not very optimistic after everything I have heard and seen here...
Bear in mind that the people who post on a forum are far more likely to be those who had a problem or otherwise dissatisfied. The vast majority of satisfied people are far less motivated to post about everything going well.