Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As an update, I pushed fairly hard recently to ownership and its seems to have made my car a priority. I now have a delivery date of 12/1. P3366 has a firm pickup date of this weekend. I'm Sig 1179, and I upgraded from P2407. Not too excited about that given the $7500+ additional cost but glad this process is coming to an end and that my car has finally nearly made it.

Congratulations. Does this mean I am The Last Of The Sig-hicans? Is there anyone else out there?

Actually, as much as I'd like the honor, the Tesla guys were telling me that "delivered" 16 Wednesday at the Factory, and another 10 or so Thursday. And a good buddy of mine picked up his (P-104 I think) 3 hours before mine. So maybe the first GP brown?

Were those deliveries all General Production or were there some Roadster Friends and Family in those factory deliveries?

Rich105 reported that he picked up VIN 1261 (R43) on 11/26/12.

Congratulations. Does this mean I am The Last Of The Sig-hicans? Is there anyone else out there?

I can see Daniel Day Lewis in movie version of the Tesla Rangers "I will deliver your Model S, no matter what occurs! I will deliver it. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will deliver your car."

I hope your car gets there soon!

Actually I picked mine up on wed (11/28) at 1pm. I got the invitation to pick up on monday 11/26.

Tesla guy told me I did get the first green model S. Think he would have told me if I were first GP to get the model S so I suspect someone else picked up earlier.

I'm checking my email so often I feel like I'm ready to climb back through the wires to Tesla's server just so I can check that tiny bit faster to see if it's waiting in their outbox to send. Or, harkening back to the days when such things came by snail mail, I'm like this:
Snoopy_mailbox.gif

Were those deliveries all General Production or were there some Roadster Friends and Family in those factory deliveries?

Rich105 reported that he picked up VIN 1261 (R43) on 11/26/12.
I think technically an R is also a General Production car. Rs have their own reservation sequence list, but they are indistinguishable from Ps with respect to the VIN. When TM talks about GP vehicles, they are including Rs IMHO.

I'm checking my email so often I feel like I'm ready to climb back through the wires to Tesla's server just so I can check that tiny bit faster to see if it's waiting in their outbox to send. Or, harkening back to the days when such things came by snail mail, I'm like this:
View attachment 12066

I'm in a similar boat. I got the email yesterday that I would hear today, but nothing so far. I know they will reach out any moment, but the waiting stinks. Like so many others, it will all be worth it once I sit in that car for the first time.