Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Feb/Mar delivery estimate (P8189). Interestingly, I was told by a Tesla rep that if I order 85kwh with active air, my delivery will likely be in January since those are "in production". I find it surprising, if true, that I would skip that far up. Any others hearing this?

Well I better get my affairs in order since I am P8946 and my config is 85kwh and active air.

I am blue as well and we are just a couple miles apart.. maybe they will batch ours in the same process.

I'll be on the lookout for your blue one as well! We may need to do an OC meetup and drive in January once a few more get their cars.
When I called them today, I was still expecting January delivery, but he said expect by the end of December, and after I kept asking him if he was sure of that he said yes. So we will see. We are planning on factory delivery, which should save us a few days. And we wanted a nice drive back with the car and try out the superchargers.

Urp - sorry for posting to wrong thread (was excited to get the car today). Due bill was parcel shelf and roadster HPC adapter. I inquired on visors but the somewhat cheap ones on the car are the ones the GP folks get I guess. And the floor mats up front were not bad (no back seat floor mats though).

Car is, of course, a blast to drive. Coming from 4 years in a roadster, it is the height of decadence/luxury :)

And I'll note that when I stated I saw VIN 1730 in the finish line it was simply the highest number I saw. No implied statement that all VINs prior were also there or complete.

I am in the same boat as you. I placed my deposit over 3 years ago. I called yesterday and was given the same information. Which was really that they have no information. All she could say was that I should get it by mid January. My car is 85 kwh performance, blue, no carbon, 21" wheels. I may be wrong, but I am starting to think the wheels may be a hold up. I have only seen a couple 21" wheels with delivery information.

I speculated yesterday about the 19" wheels being the lynch pin in the delivery (with a few 21" performance wheels thrown in for the "R"s.) no one else commented. all they could see was a lack of carbon fiber.

I speculated yesterday about the 19" wheels being the lynch pin in the delivery (with a few 21" performance wheels thrown in for the "R"s.) no one else commented. all they could see was a lack of carbon fiber.
FWIW, my setup has 19" wheels and I have a delivery window; this data point is consistent with your theory. It also seems that performance is a potential source of delay, with or without CF. I think we all should be delighted to see non-Sig deliveries rolling out (and the remaining Sig deliveries underway).

Right. and recall that several sigs were delivered recently with 19 inch wheels despite orders for 21 inch. Makes sense. That said, batching and waves may explain the discrepancies as well. I have waited 3.5 years exactly, as of next week. Hey, it'll get here. But, man, I do hope it's in 2012.

Last edited:
And I'll note that when I stated I saw VIN 1730 in the finish line it was simply the highest number I saw. No implied statement that all VINs prior were also there or complete.

OK, just out of curiosity, when you say you saw VIN1730, are we talking a shell of a car moving through the line, or are we talking drivable car with wheels and all?

OK, just out of curiosity, when you say you saw VIN1730, are we talking a shell of a car moving through the line, or are we talking drivable car with wheels and all?

The graph below is looking reasonably accurate ...

mini-TSLA Production Customer Deliveries 12 11 28.jpg

I think we've seen some examples of vehicles coming off the line with VINs hundreds of cars out of sequence. Still, one can hope that if VIN 1730 (or 1657) is finished, my 1527 might also be close. :smile:

Congratulations, BTW.