Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the factory pickup confirmation email that I got, just my name was listed under the Vehicle Registration heading although I provided my wife's name as well when answering the online delivery questionnaire (and both names showed up in the final screen)...

Did anyone have this issue before? Should I bother delivery@TM with an email?

I received my Pre-Delivery Vehicle Purchase Agreement on Dec 4th, and signed it back on the 7th. I received an email on Dec 28th saying my vehicle was nearly done, and could be shipped out the 31st if I signed all the paperwork, had it sent back via Fedex overnight, and wrote a check or wired the remaining cost of the vehicle. This would give me a delivery to my CA address on or around Jan 1st. So I don't think I got that email, unless this is what you are referring to.

Yeah, it sounds like you never got that December email I was referring to. I recently upgraded my battery pack to 85kWh. ~Dec12 the new pre-MVPA was signed by Tesla. If only I could've upgraded a little sooner. Oh well. I can save up some more while I wait. Congrats on the good news.

Glad I was reading the forums tonight. Checked My Tesla / Dashboard and have a delivery estimate of Jan 23 - Feb 6. I'm #11,182 so I'm pretty stoked to be getting a delivery date. Actually a little sooner than I would like because I still need to have my 240 installed and was hoping to have my PV system in place beforehand as well. But I'll take the early delivery date.

Last edited:
Happened to be checking teslamotors.com for a fact about the car, and as usual, the default page to load is /mytesla. For some reason, there is now a red "Delivery" button on that page, but when I click it, the page seems to redirect to another page, but then just ends up reloading the /mytesla page. I thought I went thru this process already because I was part of the "December Push" and was given a window of the 15-31. What's this button supposed to do, or is this just a bug on the website?

In the factory pickup confirmation email that I got, just my name was listed under the Vehicle Registration heading although I provided my wife's name as well when answering the online delivery questionnaire (and both names showed up in the final screen)...

Did anyone have this issue before? Should I bother delivery@TM with an email?

gg, congrats on getting your delivery confirmation. I'm glad to see the 60 kWh folks are finally getting their vehicles.

My confirmation email had the same issue when I received it, so no need to worry. All the paperwork was correct and had both our names on it.

Happened to be checking teslamotors.com for a fact about the car, and as usual, the default page to load is /mytesla. For some reason, there is now a red "Delivery" button on that page, but when I click it, the page seems to redirect to another page, but then just ends up reloading the /mytesla page. I thought I went thru this process already because I was part of the "December Push" and was given a window of the 15-31. What's this button supposed to do, or is this just a bug on the website?

Try clearing cache and cookies and try again.

Having trouble with the math?

Maybe this has been asked, but I have been following this thread for about a month and....

i noticed that there seems to be a big jump in sequence numbers from people below 3000 to people above 10,000 that are now getting delivery windows.

Did that many people drop off?
Are there really that many wanting 40kw bat?

For a company that built 3000 this year and on track for about 1800 in Jan. It seem odd that people with seq#10,000+ are getting delivery windows of first week of Feb.

How does this really work?

Well, not sure where you got that 1,800 number for January, but if true that's a lot of it. I'd guess:

1. Some percentage due to cancellations or transfer of deposit to Model X.
2. Some percentage due to prioritizing 85 KWh.
3. Some percentage due to air suspension.
4. Some percentage due to people responding 'no' when asked if they wanted to to move up their delivery during the December push.
5. Some percentage due to increased capacity of two (or three?) shifts, 7 days a week.
6. And other stuff...

Unfortunately, my DS emailed me: "Sorry but we can’t count it as sold until we hand it off to the transport company, and the car won’t be finished in 2012."

Oh, well. Maybe I'll get lucky and the EV deduction will go up to $10k.
That proposal only applies to cars <$45K. It will not affect any Model S's. I.e., Leafs and Volts get it, Teslas don't.

Just got an email (well, 2 days ago but didn't see it), that my Model S was nearly done in production and will be ready for delivery as soon as tomorrow. Currently out of town but am considering flying to Fremont to pick it up this upcoming week and to drive it home, rather than wait for shipping. I am #9935 and wasn't expecting delivery until February or March. What a pleasant surprise! :smile:

Wow, great news for someone so close to a P10,000 reservation #. Is it me, or do we seem to have more San Diego folks active here/buying Model S's than those in LA? I know we can't catch the bay area, but it should good SoCal competition.