Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm originally from Ontario and my colleagues call me an "Easterner".

I tell them Ontario is actually western Canada; there are 5 provinces west of the nation's capital and 5 provinces east of the capital; the west/east split is the ON/QC border :D

So technically Ottawa is the centre of the universe :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: Struja
Map geeks may appreciate the following visualisation:

The different shades are 150 km and 300 km distances, as well as whether the location is in range of one or both supercharger locations.

upload_2018-3-29_10-54-57.png

It's from https://sense-demo.qlik.com/sso/sen...904b-43da64d855d4/sheet/nXpXtJ/state/analysis

I'm originally from Ontario and my colleagues call me an "Easterner".

I tell them Ontario is actually western Canada; there are 5 provinces west of the nation's capital and 5 provinces east of the capital; the west/east split is the ON/QC border :D

So technically Ottawa is the centre of the universe :cool:
Possibly the centre, but definitely not the center.

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq and Struja
Hey don’t be messing up our forum section with your crazy south of the border speak.

Colour, favour, neighbour, realisation, paycheque and zebra with a “zed”

^^ all that crap means something to us you know ... o_O
Defence with a "c," chesterfield, bunnyhug (in SK), toque, mukluks, chocolate bar, eavestrough, girl guides, runners, poutine...

Tesla used to be very tight-lipped about the exact location of Superchargers but we have two stories in the last few weeks where the landlords or upcoming sites are (at least softly) promoting the location of not-yet-built SCs. I wonder if this is a change in policy on Tesla's part or loose lips on the part of Shindico and Smart Centres?

Tesla used to be very tight-lipped about the exact location of Superchargers but we have two stories in the last few weeks where the landlords or upcoming sites are (at least softly) promoting the location of not-yet-built SCs. I wonder if this is a change in policy on Tesla's part or loose lips on the part of Shindico and Smart Centres?

Tesla's policy on Supercharger information was loosened at least over a year ago. People have even received decent information from members of the Supercharger team.

They might not like landlords releasing information _this_ early though, given that plans can change even after there's been an agreement, if technical or legal issues arise. But there doesn't seem to be the kind of secrecy there was before.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
One interesting thing is that Real Estate companies seem to love to be promoting their green credentials by trumpeting the installation of charging facilities. But it is hard to find Tesla in these news releases.

For example, here is a link from a release from Cadillac Fairview from last October about EVs. CADILLAC FAIRVIEW’S NATIONAL ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING PROGRAM OFFICIALLY LAUNCHES IN QUEBEC

But the number of chargers announced, and the reduction in GHG emissions is trivial compared to putting all of the SCs recently installed at CF properties. For example, here is the meat of that Cadillac Fairview news release:
In Quebec, eight new level 2 chargers and four new universal fast chargers have been deployed at CF properties. Throughout the rest of Canada, CF will deploy an additional 22 level 2 chargers and 11 universal fast chargers across 11 other sites, with the potential for more to be announced in the coming months.

Compare that with the number of SCs at Cadillac sites (16 at Toronto Eaton Centre, 20 at Sherway Gardens, 8 at Rideau Centre, 20 at Carrefour Laval, 16 at Limeridge soon to open).

It seems to me like Tesla is telling landlords to keep quiet about SCs.

Otherwise how would you explain making a big deal about the installation of 15-L3s and 30-L2s but no mention of 70 (plus more coming) super-fast chargers in the form of Tesla SCs?