Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Imported US Tesla in Eurpope - NACS to CCS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I am english but live in Poland and have a charging query. I have a newly purchased 2021 Model 3 imported from the US/Canada. Therefore it has the NACS charging port in the car. So far I have been charging at home using a type 2 lead with and adapter to fit the NACS port on the car......... it charges fine, no problem at all.

I have to do my first long trip in that car which will require the use of the tesla Supercharger network. I have purchased a NACS (car port) to CCS2 (EU tesla superchargers) adapter. It will be delivered tomorrow. My initial research tells me to check the "additional information" screen on the car to see if it states CCS enabled/disabled, HOWEVER this line isnt even showing on my additional information scree, see image below. So as I sit here I have no idea if my car has CCS charging enabled or disabled!

I called my friend in the UK who has a UK version model Y, he obviously uses the CCS Tesla superchargers all the time. His additional information screen shows the same information as mine and NO info about CCS charging.

I am hoping that because my car is a newer 2021 model and that the additional info display is the same as my friend in the UK then my car will be already CCS enabled and my adapter will work fine.

Am I right or wrong to assume this?

additional info tesla.jpg

This is probably something you should have researched before importing the car.

Only way to know for sure is to test. Assume the worst and hope for the best. I'm assuming that it won't fry the car, or worse...

A NACS to CCS adapter works in the US, but that's no guarantee as they use CCS1 and I think that Poland uses CCS2. I don't know if the charging protocol is the same when DC charging.

Isn't this a Model S/X thing for <2024 models that only have a Type-2 charging port and need a CCS adapter and internal hardware retrofit?
The Model 3 and Y in Europe have always had a CCS port that includes the DC pins. So *all* European 3/Y are CCS enabled.