Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lurking on Tesla Short/Bear Websites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair enough. I mean my immediate reaction to the post was this is just grasping at short straws. But just for a sanity check thought I would post it here. Especially when taken with many of his other comments on TSLA... He really doesn't make good arguments.

He is right if one subscribe to the wedge theory. I for one never care about wedge for trends. What I do believe in is a flag formation that will lead to a decidely up or down move.

Usually a person would draw lines to support the theory though, wonder why he didn't.

He is right if one subscribe to the wedge theory. I for one never care about wedge for trends. What I do believe in is a flag formation that will lead to a decidely up or down move.

Usually a person would draw lines to support the theory though, wonder why he didn't.

He is arrogant enough to think that everyone shares his views and therefore the picture is "self-evident"? Just a guess.

As far as Twitter goes, Mark Spiegel takes the cake for the worst kind of bear on TSLA. The best bears are bearish on a stock because they fundamentally don't think the business can make as much profit as the stock price implies, and that's the basis of the argument they stick to. And that's fine. A market is made by differing opinions. Spiegel, though, chases Musk around on Twitter and replies to practically everything like a little baby. Sarcastic comments insulting the product, calling Musk a liar flat out, and more. He also seems to massively distort things even if they aren't relevant to the stock just so he can appear consistent ... yet the only consistent thing I see from him is inconsistency about what part of the Tesla model he doesn't like. He's ridiculous. Anyway, follow him so you can straighten his crap out when he tweets.

As far as Twitter goes, Mark Spiegel takes the cake for the worst kind of bear on TSLA. The best bears are bearish on a stock because they fundamentally don't think the business can make as much profit as the stock price implies, and that's the basis of the argument they stick to. And that's fine. A market is made by differing opinions. Spiegel, though, chases Musk around on Twitter and replies to practically everything like a little baby. Sarcastic comments insulting the product, calling Musk a liar flat out, and more. He also seems to massively distort things even if they aren't relevant to the stock just so he can appear consistent ... yet the only consistent thing I see from him is inconsistency about what part of the Tesla model he doesn't like. He's ridiculous. Anyway, follow him so you can straighten his crap out when he tweets.

In case you aren't aware he also posts as "Logical Thought" on Seeking Alpha. Equally misinformed and obnoxious there.

With social media and connected devices, some individual's descend into pathological becomes public.

The most active basher I have ever seen posted this on youtube. I doubt has never even seen a Tesla. The guy seems to post 24/7 and comments on just about every article that comes along with variations of the same name. He certainly appears has an agenda. It may just be notoriety. If so, I apologize for posting this.
He takes posts that appear negative, valid or not, and re-posts them elsewhere. Every time I have seen the posts they were out of context.
Tesla Model S THE BRAKES ARE STILL DEFECTIVE - YouTube

Before I click on the link I predict it's keefwivannef or some other similar screen name of his.

Yup. He's insane, pops up on SA and some other sites.

Keef is a nutcase, or a paid basher. Once in awhile I have a little fun with him, I enjoy infuriating him as much as he enjoys bashing on Tesla at the yahoo investment forums. Before Keef was another idiot, or more likely, same idiot with 2 SN, known as kbod7777 or something to that extent. Kbod use to bash Tesla every 5-10 minutes, posting as much BS as possible when the stock was in the 20s-30s. When TSLA shot up, it was too much for kbod, the tables turned on him and I suspect he changed his SN to Keef.

Keef is a nutcase, or a paid basher. Once in awhile I have a little fun with him, I enjoy infuriating him as much as he enjoys bashing on Tesla at the yahoo investment forums. Before Keef was another idiot, or more likely, same idiot with 2 SN, known as kbod7777 or something to that extent. Kbod use to bash Tesla every 5-10 minutes, posting as much BS as possible when the stock was in the 20s-30s. When TSLA shot up, it was too much for kbod, the tables turned on him and I suspect he changed his SN to Keef.

I have difficulty imagining anyone paying for incoherent ramblings

Also, a paycheck can not inspire such hatred. More likely, the inspiration for hateful ramblings is very personal

Before I click on the link I predict it's keefwivannef or some other similar screen name of his.

Yup. He's insane, pops up on SA and some other sites.

If you do click on the link, in the comments you will see a revelation from a TMC member. Apparently this guy Keith guy is in Australia and tries to peg green energy businesses as frauds. Apparently he takes donations to chase green "scams". Maybe he got donations from people who like to short Tesla. Perhaps he got on board with their game. Who knows!

Whitney Tilson 'capitulates' on Tesla

Whitney Tilson, fund manager of Kase Capital, declares as follows:

With TSLA, I was dumb enough:redface: to short it in the mid-$30s, took enormous pain until I FINALLY realized it was a bad short and covered at $205.
It sure felt like the right move as the stock continued to rocket until nearly $300, but now the stock is back to $202.88

Kudos to Tilson for admitting such a huge mistake, a bit late but better than never.

Perhaps the ability to self-correct enabled Tilson to still make a positive return last year, 14%.

Note: 14% return on a large fund is much harder to achieve than say multiple return on a small investment.