Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And just when you think you've got the whole light thing figured out, you drive up to Canada to find they have flashing green lights! What are those all about?

Direct from the BC Ministry of Transportation:

Why do some traffic lights flash green?

Traffic lights that flash green on the main street are pedestrian activated signals. The signal remains in the flashing green mode until a pedestrian, wishing to cross the main street, pushes the activation button. The signal will then cycle to a yellow light, followed by a red light for the main street traffic, then a “walk” signal allowing pedestrians to cross the road.

And just when you think you've got the whole light thing figured out, you drive up to Canada to find they have flashing green lights! What are those all about?

In some parts of Canada, a flashing green (known as Advanced Green) light signals permission for a left turn before the opposing traffic is allowed to enter the intersection (i.e. oncoming traffic is facing a RED light). Similarly, a flashing green may be an Extended Green, for left turns after the opposing traffic's full green phase. The flashing light may be a "full" green, or a green left arrow, both meaning the same thing.

my updated sheet in google docs

2013-07-31 12_48_21-Tesla Model S Energy Log.png

2013-07-31 12_50_09-Tesla Model S Energy Log.png

so what i do is i limit the battery to charge up to 70% im not sure if the charge limiter is linear but its basically the 7th hash on the display)
ill drive until my battery is around 30-35% and charge it up again
I limited the charging to 240v/20A

Got to drive a little bit more this month.

So still a P85 with 21" wheels since march 15th, 19" before

Lifetime: 15,100 mi 4,513 kWh 299 Wh/mi

Huge improvement in average comming from the long trip I did in July.

July: 8,108 mi 2,175 kWh 268 Wh/mi

We went from Montreal, QC, to Fremont, CA and back... driving more than 20 miles a day helps a lot the average, as cruising 60 mph is very good too.