Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many miles on your Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you with 20k+ miles, how much rated range have you lost from spec?

Plug In America is collecting this type of information.

Tesla Model S Survey Vehicles

You can participate here: Plug In America's Tesla Model S Battery Survey

From the survey results a Model S built in December, 2012 had the most reported mileage, 35,004. It's owner reports a Range Charge of 239 miles. So that's 9.8% below a normal full range charge of 265.

My Model S was built in November, 2012. It only has 8,500 miles and it is showing a decrease in a full charge to 259 or about a 2% decrease after 13 months of driving.

Larry

26Kmi and charged to 251 rated miles the other day....
That's essentially zero degradation in my book....just software algorithm tweaks

I have 22,000 miles after 13 months, and range-charged it to 263 miles a couple of days ago at the Huntsville SC. IIRC the maximum I ever saw was 269 miles, so it has 97.76% of its original capacity.

I think that, assuming it loses capacity linearly, this indicates it is tracking to have 83.5% of its original capacity when it gets to 8yrs old. Warranty will expire without a free replacement!

FYI there is another thread that tracks this stuff - Decreasing rated range.

Let's make some simplifying assumptions....
- 55mph in "ideal" conditions, and thus you get 300mph range

The optimal speed for the Model S (to maximize cross-country speed, taking charging into account) is actually closer to 90mph.

At 90mph, the range is about 200mi, and the optimal strategy is to use only the lower half of the battery, driving it from (say) 50% down to 5%. So you'd stop to supercharge every 90 miles. The timeline would be something like this:

Drive 90 miles @90mph (1 hr)
Recharge from 5% to 50% (18min on fastest supercharger, + 2 min overhead to decelerate/plug/unplug/accelerate)
Repeat.

This gives you 90 miles every 80 minutes, for an average cross-country speed of 67.5mph. Doing this continuously for a year, you could log just shy of 600,000 miles.

I took delivery of my Model S P85 (VIN 00061) on Sept 24, 2012. If my battery pack had been enabled for 120kW supercharging, and I had followed the above schedule, I'd be at 1,375,000 miles by now :D :D

The optimal speed for the Model S (to maximize cross-country speed, taking charging into account) is actually closer to 90mph.

At 90mph, the range is about 200mi, and the optimal strategy is to use only the lower half of the battery, driving it from (say) 50% down to 5%. So you'd stop to supercharge every 90 miles. The timeline would be something like this:

Drive 90 miles @90mph (1 hr)
Recharge from 5% to 50% (18min on fastest supercharger, + 2 min overhead to decelerate/plug/unplug/accelerate)
Repeat.

This gives you 90 miles every 80 minutes, for an average cross-country speed of 67.5mph. Doing this continuously for a year, you could log just shy of 600,000 miles.

I took delivery of my Model S P85 (VIN 00061) on Sept 24, 2012. If my battery pack had been enabled for 120kW supercharging, and I had followed the above schedule, I'd be at 1,375,000 miles by now :D :D

You'd have to factor in sleeping somewhere.

I have almost 26k miles on mine. Just got a new set of the OEM 21" conti's put on yesterday and probably had a thousand plus miles left in the ones I took off... better safe than sorry though.

90% rated gives me 221
100% rated gives me 244

I'm pretty disappointed in my numbers compared to other folks.... but my car was a service loaner VIN 115xx so I guess maybe it is age or perhaps abnormal wear and tear as a loaner? I have a B pack..