Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many miles on original battery ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many miles you you?? I’m at 86k 2015 85D

How many of you are running your model S out of warranty ?

New owner..just a feeler. I see so many horror stories online, making it seem like battery replacement is around the corner. But I would imagine there are plenty of 100k+ model S on the road with original batteries

Attachments

• A9E0363A-0FED-4B88-A710-7F811ECE0856.jpeg
    A9E0363A-0FED-4B88-A710-7F811ECE0856.jpeg
    475 KB · Views: 268
2012 P85. Purchased last Fall from original owner for $27k. 117,000 miles on original pack. Pic shows before and after pack labels.

3 days after purchase following factory reset, BMS_u029 alert came up. Tesla Service Center indicated replacement pack required due to attached reason.

Initially I requested reman Tesla pack for $15k. New 90 kWh Tesla pack came in. Tesla honored $15k reman quote. 90 kWh corked to 85 kWh. New pack is giving me 270ish miles @100% SOC. Max 130ish kW, min 50ish kW charging speed at superchargers.

Before and after.pngScreenshot_20221027_071413.jpg

115k 2014 P85+
105k 2015 85D
Very nice. They have both been reliable ?
2012 P85. Purchased last Fall from original owner for $27k. 117,000 miles on original pack. Pic shows before and after pack labels.

3 days after purchase following factory reset, BMS_u029 alert came up. Tesla Service Center indicated replacement pack required due to attached reason.

Initially I requested reman Tesla pack for $15k. New 90 kWh Tesla pack came in. Tesla honored $15k reman quote. 90 kWh corked to 85 kWh. New pack is giving me 270ish miles @100% SOC. Max 130ish kW, min 50ish kW charging speed at superchargers.

View attachment 945598View attachment 945599
wow so 3 days after you purchased the battery failed? Seems weird it’s right after the factory reset….or maybe the original owner had an idea it was failing?

Nice! Original battery? What items have failed ?
Yes, original battery and drive unit.

The car has been quite reliable. My out of pocket repairs/failures are:

Charge port door (~$100 part fixed myself)
Rear hatch latch and actuator ($300)

Plenty of other typical maintenance items and upgrades - infotainment upgrade, lots of tires, AC service, HEPA filter replacement, a couple windshields, etc etc - but nothing unusual for any other car with similar mileage.

• Informative
Reactions: NV Ray
Yes, original battery and drive unit.

The car has been quite reliable. My out of pocket repairs/failures are:

Charge port door (~$100 part fixed myself)
Rear hatch latch and actuator ($300)

Plenty of other typical maintenance items and upgrades - infotainment upgrade, lots of tires, AC service, HEPA filter replacement, a couple windshields, etc etc - but nothing unusual for any other car with similar mileage.
Great to hear. Thanks for sharing, and keep it going!!

LDU was state of the art. Lots of threads here on the issues.

1st leaked badly, 2nd triggered an isolation code within a year. 3rd is like new according to the tech. You can pull the speed sensor plug to check for contamination.
How long is this covered under warranty? And if it goes bad out Is warranty, do you know the estimate cost? Thanks

176,859 miles
2015 85D
Still trying to figure out what to do in anticipation of warranty expiration this August. No issues so far...
Contact the third party providers Recell and 057 technologies. They can monitor you pack and provide repairs at less cost than Tesla.

Lots of info here:

Upgrade Your Tesla | 057 Technology

I try not to do many "Vendor" posts, but I don't know if I even ever did one for this service we've had for a while. Pretty sure I've just mentioned it a few other places.

Battery upgrades, motor upgrades, charger upgrades, AP1 retrofits, etc.

Posting now... Vendor - Upgrade your Model S/X at 057 Tech - More range, more power!

Mine is a March 2014 S85. I'm at 100,900 miles. Still original battery. Not original motor, because they went through almost the whole fleet replacing the motors early on under warranty for that buzzing noise they developed from the pitted metal bearings that they switched to ceramic. Mine got it around 4 years in.

Fixes have been mostly moderate. My center touchscreen did develop bubbles from the leaking seal fortunately still within the original 4 year warranty, so I also had them do the upgrade to LTE while they were in there. I've had a few door handles fixed, and two window motors. Still original onboard charger and original UMC too.

I also had them do the retrofit from the old Baolong tire pressure sensor system to the newer Continental system, so now I get the per tire pressure numbers too, which is nice.