Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this the original 12v battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently bought a used 2018 Model S with 40k miles. Seller said he doesn't think the 12v battery was ever replaced but isn't 100% sure. With winter coming up and the car approaching 5 years old (Dec 18 build) I was contemplating replacing it. The current battery is "C&D Technologies Deep Cycle Series DCS-33UNCR." Is this the original factory battery? Would you replace it? Thanks.

Not always, but normally, your car will give you a warning when it needs to be replaced, with about 2 weeks warning. I would wait until then. In any event, be sure you know how to get into the frunk manually if it suddenly fails. I think the battery in your car is a replacement battery and not original.

Reactions: RaymondNoodles
Copy & pasting from my post in a different older thread (Tesla is currently not quite 7.5yrs old):
"When my ~5.5 year old needed a new 12v batter last year Tesla service sent a ranger (aka mobile service) to come out & replace.
Was told that the low battery warning is conservative (ie warns early) and that you can safely get a few months use out of it if not half a year plus."

Reactions: RaymondNoodles