Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85D Error Thoughts?

What should I consider?

• Tow to Tesla Service Center for Diagnosis/Repair

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Wait for wk057’s team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Call it a loss and get a new Model Y

• Call it a loss and get a used Model 3 with FSD

• Cal it a loss and get a non-Tesla

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Searching for information and thoughts on this error message.

A bit of background:
- Dec 2018 purchased used from Tesla
- August 2020 upgraded to MCU 2 by Tesla
- February 2022 purchased wk057’s service plan
- March 2022 a/c desiccant bag, air filter, brake fluid, brakes lubricated, battery coolant and motor fluids replaced.
- June 2022 upgraded to P100DL by wk057’s team
- July 2022 12V Replaced
- Dec 2022 Warranty Expired

Full paint protection film and ceramic coated, so would be sad to lose this vehicle, it has been great up to this point! Feels like a money pit now :-( I was hoping to ride out the free premium connectivity and supercharging.

My vehicle is currently undriveable and cannot be placed in D or R. Luckily, I noticed an out of norm error on my way to a Thanksgiving gathering and immediately turned around and parked my car at home.

I have Tesla Insurance with Roadside Assistance Plus (100 miles towing coverage). When I called Roadside Assistance, they were unable to cycle the vehicle to pull a diagnostic log. They stated only the nearest Tesla Service Center can troubleshoot my vehicle and if I obtain a claim # from Tesla Insurance, towing will be covered.

Attempted to place a ticket in wk057’s site, not sure if I will receive a response per other comments that they are no longer operational.

Now experiencing the following errors pulled from Service Mode:
- GTW_w405_12VNotSupported
- PM_w041_dasMIA
- THC_d0018_activeAero
- THC_w0126_condRightShutrNoFeedbk
- BMS_w177_OpenVshDetected
- BMS_f071_SW_SM_TransCon_Not_Met

- BMS_u008_limpMode
- GTW_w018_hvacLoadShed

Thank you ahead of time for any bit and piece of information. :)

Just trying to figure out what to do.

Attachments

• IMG_2760.jpeg
    IMG_2760.jpeg
    998.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3415.jpeg
    IMG_3415.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3416.jpeg
    IMG_3416.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3417.jpeg
    IMG_3417.jpeg
    519.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Third party is your only option, but seeing what Tesla (won't) offers probably will probably provide some data points. Electrified garage will probably help you out. Our Locations

The bummer is that 057 is gone. And Tesla having an issue with your car having a 100 battery installed is lame bc they are literally offering that as a service for older S's in Australia

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston
w177 sounds like sense ribbon cable got loose
Easy fix besides opening the pack...
There's a YouTube video with same issue I saw

Try posting on 029/018 fb group, lots of folks interested in these cars n can fix it
You can always sell it broken, esp with fusc

PS, idk what mods wk did to get 100kwh pack working in older cars but I believe it was possible due to official software support mentioned above.

Reactions: mr_hyde
Also, your poll has no votes because none of the options are what most would recommend. Add an options for 'find a 3rd party to work on it' or 'fix it myself' and people will start voting.
  • Tow to Tesla Service Center for Diagnosis/Repair
  • Wait for wk057’s team
  • Call it a loss and get a new Model Y
  • Call it a loss and get a used Model 3 with FSD
  • Cal it a loss and get a non-Tesla

Also, your poll has no votes because none of the options are what most would recommend. Add an options for 'find a 3rd party to work on it' or 'fix it myself' and people will start voting.
Yeah, that's what I would say. Recell and wk057 were the two shops I would really trust to do this, and one of them seems to not be available anymore, so I would go with the other one. Here is Recell's site for battery replacements.