Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harris Ranch is not working 11/18/14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a dedicated phone number we can call for supercharger status, or do we just call 1-877-79TESLA customer service number?

I'm heading up to San Jose next week, but would like to check Harris Ranch status after leaving Tejon Ranch, so I can swing over to the 101 if it's down. Twice in a week has me a bit nervous.

As they said in Princess Bride, "Inconceivable!"

SuperChargers are supposed to keep working forever, even during a "zombie apocalypse"! Elon has said, numerous times!

(Having driven 1000mi up and down CA just two weeks ago, starting at 3am, I am relieved to have missed this Harris Ranch outage. To be stuck there in the middle of nowhere, with the air often filled with the ripe old stench of a hundred thousand head of cattle (well, rear ends of cattle) nearby, that's pretty bad. I don't like hearing that the SuperCharger network is fragile. We are super-dependent on it.

Is there a dedicated phone number we can call for supercharger status, or do we just call 1-877-79TESLA customer service number?

I'm heading up to San Jose next week, but would like to check Harris Ranch status after leaving Tejon Ranch, so I can swing over to the 101 if it's down. Twice in a week has me a bit nervous.

If you don't mind driving 60mph up I-5, you can make it from Tejon to Gilroy on a 100% charge... at least was doable once ;)

Just called Tesla Supercharger support and they tell me that it's still down and it doesn't look likely that it will be back up by tomorrow. I guess I will be rerouting through 101 and hitting Atascadero. I'm coming from the Bay Area... What's better? Stick with 101 after Atascadero? Or cut over to 5 and drive to Tejon?

Just called Tesla Supercharger support and they tell me that it's still down and it doesn't look likely that it will be back up by tomorrow. I guess I will be rerouting through 101 and hitting Atascadero. I'm coming from the Bay Area... What's better? Stick with 101 after Atascadero? Or cut over to 5 and drive to Tejon?

Depends on where in SoCal you're going... it really isn't that much different depending on where in the greater LA area you're headed.

I need to write Tesla a letter! 2.5 hrs stuck at Harris Ranch then a tow truck for 4 people with a single cab and hardly any room for 2 hrs. Total BS. Any ideas on who I can write to express my dissatisfaction?

Totally agree Larry... major inconvenience for you and not acceptable given the circumstances and lack of transparency from Tesla.
I think if you e-mail [email protected] they may listen to your complaints. Definitely at least push them to implement a system where drivers can check realtime status of the SCs from within the car (at a minimum).

If you don't mind driving 60mph up I-5, you can make it from Tejon to Gilroy on a 100% charge... at least was doable once ;)
I thought about that. If I go 65 MPH up the 5, evtripplanner.com says it's 249 RM. That's cutting it close given my last Range Charge said 258. :)

Buy I think it's probably better to shoot over to Atascadero and go up the 101 at 75 MPH. It's saves about an hour driving time, and would be range anxiety free.

Yeah. Maybe not. I have not taken the 101 to San Jose in over 20 years. I forgot how slow it is and don't the member there being a lot of cops. Thanks for the heads up.
Used to drive up 101 in that area frequently. There is a very active CHP station in San Ardo, and they use aircraft extensivley in that area. Never nailed me, but did many of my friends.

Made it to Tejon via very uncomfortable Tow ride At least he was careful strapping the car in to not scratch the paint.. Altho it's dark so who knows. One car charging at Tejon was not very happy to be surprised that he couldn't charge at Harris. Has to be a better way

Made it to Tejon via very uncomfortable Tow ride At least he was careful strapping the car in to not scratch the paint.. Altho it's dark so who knows. One car charging at Tejon was not very happy to be surprised that he couldn't charge at Harris. Has to be a better way

+1 This.

There has to be a better way indeed. Instead of working on calendar apps and GPS/crowd-sourced analytics about when to raise and lower the air suspension, Tesla should be working on a smarter connection between the car and the real-time status of superchargers on the car's current route. It is rather important to know if one needs to change their route because of either a supercharger outage or major crowding situation or whatever. I consider this a super-high priority and am surprised Tesla doesn't.

Having just recently done a very long drive from San Diego to SF Bay and back, and started at 3am in San Diego, it would have been a shock indeed if I'd arrived at Tejon at 530am or whatever time it was only to discover that Harris Ranch was out. Or worse, what if I arrived at Tejon and *it* was out? Wouldn't it have been better if the car sent me an alarm while I was still on I-5 in say Anaheim, saying hey, "Tejon's closed, would you like to re-route to Oxnard and up thru Atascadero?" etc....

I hope Tesla's listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.