Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile charger not pulling Amps - 0/0A but showing 240V

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I recently had an electrician install a nema 1450 receptacle on a 40 amp breaker for my mobile connector. When plugging in, the mobile connector shows the pulsating green light as if it’s charging, and the car itself says it’s charging but it’s pulling 0 amps. It is showing 240 volts, however.

When using the included nema 5-15 (regular US wall plug) adapter, it charged as it should.

It’s a weird issue, and I did schedule a service appointment with Tesla.

I did see 1 other thread where someone managed to get their 14-50 adapter replaced by Tesla and it did the trick, I’m really hoping that will work for me aswell.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpeg
    IMG_1051.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 20
I have same issue, along with a bunch of other recent buyers. Sounds like the 14-50 adapter portion of the wall connector is faulty. Once they replaced it solved the issue, 2-3 other threads on here about it.
I ordered one on Amazon and it comes today since the service center is closed, hopefully it solves it!

Reactions: UniversalDrago
I have same issue, along with a bunch of other recent buyers. Sounds like the 14-50 adapter portion of the wall connector is faulty. Once they replaced it solved the issue, 2-3 other threads on here about it.
I ordered one on Amazon and it comes today since the service center is closed, hopefully it solves it!
When you say wall connector, do you mean mobile connector hooked up to a 14-50 receptacle? Because if you’re referring to a Tesla wall connector, those are hard wired directly, not through a receptacle.

Anyways, yeah if it is a mobile connector hooked up to a 14-50, then this should fix the issue

Does anyone repair Mobile Chargers? I have a Gen 1, that is intermittent. Green lights are on but won't charge sometimes. I don't see any issues with the cord. Only have one 40A charger left and would like to not have to buy a Wall Charger.