Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E...
I remember when I reserved at Scottsdale Tesla store that they did not have a single iPad available to check out ANY merchandise....

Heh - true story:

In order to fill out the multi-hour wait at Scottsdale, I wandered into the store, looking innocent as I jumped the line by about 400. The regulars there knew better than to approach me (they've not got their rabies vaccines up to date, I'm thinking), so I chose a newbie as victim:

"Oh, I've just come in to buy a hat", I explained.

Didn't work....

If you look closely at the brown colored car, it appears to be a model S not a 3. 2 give always: roof line / window breaks and it looks like there's a nose cone.
p.s. The fact that I'm over analyzing this speaks volumes about my unhealthy model 3 obsession :(

The sketch is the real deal and it was provided to those who were invited to the Model 3 Reveal event.
Remember it was just a conceptual drawing ... :cool:
Let's hope they also include a new injection molded Model 3 ... to add to my collection.

26200187902_762d9ee4d7_k-jpg.171584

IMG_4686.JPG

Last edited:
So what will Chevy Bolt buyers be getting from GM as a 'token of appreciation'? An adapter from TESLA to top off their batteries at a Supercharging station in Barstow on their way to Las Vegas?

*twitch* That's just not right.

At least their nuts & Bolts will be safe from the carjacking risk (google for Barstow Tesla carjacking 2015). Nobody would want to carjack a car that looks like a badly-designed sneaker. Even felons have some modicum of self respect.

• Funny
Reactions: SOLARUSA
It's not going to be anything to do with vehicle options or configurations, it's definitely a physical gift of some sort as he's already stated that the pre-reveal reservations far exceeded expected numbers and as a result they've had to order more of whatever the "token" is, so there will be a delay.

Tesla already needs to "splurge" to be able to produce 9 times their current manufacturing output. It's nice to dream, but you need to be realistic here. The factory has the ability to produce 500K cars a year, but it isn't like all they need to do is flip a switch and hire new people to start the day before model 3 production kicks off.

Not to mention more service centers, Superchargers, and so on.

The deposits are a nice chunk of cash, but they are just a very small part of what will be needed to build, deliver, and provide service for that many cars. The deposits will help ensure they get the bridge loans needed to actually get everything moving.

Reactions: Luke42