Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going to Very Large Array in Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to the Very Large Array in a Lexus GX while on the way to Arkansas for an eclipse road trip.

But I didn't really want to go, my dad really wanted to go even though it's 2 hours out of the way from Flagstaff AZ to Albuquerque NM. I felt the Grand Canyon was more worth it, it's easier to get to and it's much more scenic than the VLA. The Very Large Array was one of the main reasons I didn't push my dad to consider using the Tesla Model Y because I didn't want the hassle to figure out how to travel to the VLA knowing there was going to be a huge gap of no superchargers once you exit the interstate and go on those country roads to VLA.

I understand VLA has alot of contribution to science and astronomy and I am sure Elon Musk is aware it exists. But I think most people do not care for it enough considering there isn't a Supercharger anywhere on those little country roads going towards VLA. Even Elon Musk didn't care enough to put superchargers near the VLA and he owns Space X so I think he has more credentials to say he is an astronomy enthusiast but did nothing to help Tesla owners get there with no range anxiety. But if a Tesla owner has to go to VLA, will you have to charge over 80% to ensure you can make it from the interstate to the other interstate, which means you got to wait even longer since anything over 80% takes longer? I don't know how much you must love Carl Sagen or Contact to really insist to go to Very Large Array if you're traveling on Interstate 40.

I think Grand Canyon would be the only out of the way place I like to visit if I'm near interstate 40. I really despise traveling to Very Large Array it's not convenient to get to and it's extremely boring if you're not invited to do anything there. I can look up a few Wikipedia articles and watch a few YT videos and be satisfies to learn about the Very Large Array and not go there. I could have had more time at the Grand Canyon or profiting at the arcade in Albuquerque NM if we could have skipped the Very Large Array. Or just make up an excuse that the Tesla can't get to Very Large Array because it's too boring to create a supercharger network for that area.