Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSDs is dangerous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

enemji

Dec 12, 2021
USA
I mean it. FSDs is very dangerous. Just 2 weeks ago I was in a rental car and almost drove through a red traffic light. I am so accustomed to the car stopping by itself that I had to implement disengagement procedures at the last second.

Life is getting terrible with the advancement of technology.

I am seriously thinking of starting a campaign to shut down FSDs before humanity forgets how to drive safely.

I mean it. FSDs is very dangerous. Just 2 weeks ago I was in a rental car and almost drove through a red traffic light. I am so accustomed to the car stopping by itself that I had to implement disengagement procedures at the last second.

I am seriously thinking of starting a campaign to shut down FSDs before humanity forgets how to drive safely.
Don’t ruin it for the rest of us.

What version of FSD was in your rental car? I know it’s happened to others, but I’ve never once had FSD run a red light.

The most dangerous part off FSD is when you forget you turned it off.

Come on, I can’t be the only one.

IMG_3058.gif

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: enemji
The entire concept of FSD when you have so many external factors is just wrong to implement. FSD can become a reality when humans are no longer driving and all cars can be connected on an internet grid along with all lights.

The entire concept of FSD when you have so many external factors is just wrong to implement. FSD can become a reality when humans are no longer driving and all cars can be connected on an internet grid along with all lights.
IF all cars are connected, you do not need traffic lights. EVER. The traffic will keep moving like it does in India as they communicate via the traditional time tested honking protocol and no one ever stops.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
This is true for lots of technology, not just FSD. I've driven my Tesla for so long now that when I had to drive a friends ICE car, I panicked briefly when I let off the gas and the car didn't slow down. Oh yeah - brake pedal. :)
I transitioned from a high compression car, so it wasn't a challenge for me... but yeah, when driving a "normal" car... same issue!

Sure. If you are distracted and miss a honk.
I don't know which city that would be - but the ones I know - 100% you will get into an accident, since by definition traffic lights are installed only in busy intersections. And since everyone is honking all the time, they are not useful at traffic signals.

BTW, it would be interested what FSD would do at this roundabout.

1715785887320.png

I have had it do the same things. You CANNOT get used to FSD and rely on it. This is what makes FSD dangerous and stressful. If you rely on it, it can do something that could injure/kill you. If you maintain proper attention (supervise it). driving is more stressful.

NEVER trust FSD.

Don’t ruin it for the rest of us.

What version of FSD was in your rental car? I know it’s happened to others, but I’ve never once had FSD run a red light.
I have had it fail to stop, stop at the last second (HARD), decide to stop HARD on a yellow, and change speed suddenly. Also, prior to v12, when using TACC it used to handle stoplights perfectly, after v12 it stops for green lights unless the light is "confirmed", and sometimes even when "confirmed".