Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full FSD Free Trial: Why I'd never buy it . . . ever.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least yours stayed on the road.
My wears off into the trees on top of local hills when it looses perspective. Or attempts to impale me on the pedestrian island where the road splits into two. Or phantom breaks when the sun / shadows / landscape take a certain shape. Same error conditions, with the same frequency, as way back in 2018.

Zero material progress over the past 5 years.
Just peachy!

a

All demonstratively false.

• Disagree
Reactions: OxBrew and afadeev
Thanks for the trial. FWIW, it's completely useless! Since I've owned the car, it has been unable to distinguish Illinois route signs and speed signs. It sees Illinois route 38 and thinks the speed limit is 30 mph, therefore the car slows to 30 mph. Duh!! I couldn't use it, even for free.
Oddly I drive down 38 every single day and never had an issue ever.

I assume you meant to say your car “veers off” into the trees, not wears off. Obviously false, since you didn’t crash into trees on every drive. Also, unless you have video evidence, I don’t think your car literally attempted to impale you on a median - I guess you don’t know what impale means. Last, it’s brakes, not “breaks”.

If you don’t think it is demonstratively false that FSD hasn’t improved since 2018, then there is probably no rational discussion to have with you anyway. And yeah - Tesla laid off the SC team so they could pay me to shill (correct spelling by the way) for them on random owner threads.

Reactions: Yelobird
But there have already been numerous example of FSD being less fallible than humans, but they just don't get the press that the anti-FSD fanboys read.
Just basic TACC is a great example of it. Humans get distracted all of the time. FSD never gets distracted.

I absolutely can guarantee you that in some instances, FSD is MUCH safer than you are.
safer as in not getting into accident ever [because we know that's not true] or safer as in taking 20 min longer to accomplish anything, randomly disconnecting and being unable to change lanes when a human could easily accomplish it? [becausae we know that is how it operates]

safer as in not getting into accident ever [because we know that's not true] or safer as in taking 20 min longer to accomplish anything, randomly disconnecting and being unable to change lanes when a human could easily accomplish it? [becausae we know that is how it operates]
Seems a bit hyperbole. Haven’t seen FSD caused accidents reported, using it 3 years haven’t seen Any task taking 20 minutes longer, and only disconnects when I ask it to. What would I know though, only a user experience.

Seems a bit hyperbole. Haven’t seen FSD caused accidents reported, using it 3 years haven’t seen Any task taking 20 minutes longer, and only disconnects when I ask it to. What would I know though, only a user experience.
like me - only user experience. You being contrary just to be so? There are dozens of FSD caused accidents on the record. Humans needed to be paying attention but FSD would routinely plow down motorcyclists at stop signs - if not stopped.

like me - only user experience. You being contrary just to be so? There are dozens of FSD caused accidents on the record. Humans needed to be paying attention but FSD would routinely plow down motorcyclists at stop signs - if not stopped.

And how many human accidents have there been?

Oh, and it doesn't take FSD to plow down a motorcycles, humans are great at it.
My FSD is quite adapt at identifying and handling motorcycles.
It's also quite good at handling bicycles. If it doesn't have a clear lane to move to the middle and pass, it will patiently wait behind the bicyclist.

Reactions: Yelobird
I'm sure the non-North American Tesla owners on here would love to strangle us on some of the gripes they constantly read considering they get to experience nothing.

I can imagine their murmurings..."the car drives too close to the curb in turns..is that it..those #$%# Americans"

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
A good friend of mine was killed on his motorcycle last week when a driver ran a red light distracted on his cell phone. That would have been 100% avoided with FSD.
You must be joking.
You think FSD doesn't run red lights? Or doesn't break traffic laws??!

Been living under a rock, or just gulping up Elon's self serving propaganda much?

The fact remains - Tesla has NEVER released any data to substantiate its claims that FSD is "safe", or "safer" then a drunk baboon driving with eyes closed.
Nothing.
Just empty claims.
10+ years running.

If you believe someone's self-serving boasts, and don't demand to validate data that underpins those claims ... I have a barely used bridge to sell you in Brooklyn!

Cheers,
a

• Disagree
Reactions: Knightshade
I guess you don't want FSD on freeways ?
Guess not. Certainly wouldn’t pay for the privilege of more stress and constant monitoring vs plain old autopilot. I drive a hundred miles a day - FSD is not for me.
Have two separate profiles and switch on freeways.
I think anyone who writes this down or says it aloud realizes what a ridiculous workaround it is deep down.

• Funny
Reactions: afadeev and EVNow